Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just been on online chat - who said that I have been matched - they would not give me any part of the VIN though and said I had to wait for a text 7-14 days.
Do I get my hopes up or not 😂 via Arnold Clarke salary sacrifice leasing so can't see anything in my Tesla account :rolleyes:

My Renault Zoe os on her last legs - heating gone, compressor is knackered, charging screwed up and the MOT is due 19th November o_O
If you call them directly they may hopefully give you a VIN like they did with me, they will also give you the EDD window as I confirmed today.

Reactions: Jon_UK
Any ideas when I will hear what the reg of my car will be? Got a decent insurance quote from Privilage but can't go through and purchase it until I have the reg.
Mine was told to me a week before collection, but wouldn't register anywhere until about 5 days after I picked it up (DVLA take a while updating)

Have you tried entering manual information, then can buy and update reg when you're informed? That's what my (Flow) insurance let me do?

Reactions: Ashdeman
Mine was told to me a week before collection, but wouldn't register anywhere until about 5 days after I picked it up (DVLA take a while updating)

Have you tried entering manual information, then can buy and update reg when you're informed? That's what my (Flow) insurance let me do?
Ah I see. Yeah I entered it manually to get the quote then went through to privileges site to purchase it but it stated on there I couldn't do it without the reg.

Did it through Tesla chat, gave me the option of either change delivery location from home to work, or collect from NEC. Regarding times, I was given about 5 slots to choose from, obviously took earliest available :)

When you say not possible, I did this a week ago, when you tried could be that all collection dates/times are fully allocated?
Thanks. I called Tesla today and they advised speaking with the lease company if the delivery method is to change. Both sending me on to each other!

Same here - couldn't resist replying to the text today asking if there was any update but no response so far... starting to get excited but also worried nothing is certain with Tesla!
Just had a response: "Thank you for your message, we do not have any updates quite yet, but looking over your order it looks in a really good place. I would suggest an update likely in the next week or so"

No hidden VIN yet so guessing it hasn't made it onto a boat yet! Was hoping for an early December delivery 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: LoneRanger
Just had a text from Tesla saying that the arrival date is being calculated and they will be in contact soon to schedule my collection. Exciting stuff...
I have had exactly the same this morning having found the hidden VIN on 5/11. Exciting indeed. Went to Trafford centre, test drove exactly the model ordered and did a half hour drive. Very nice too.. loved the traffic lights and speed signs on the visualisation and nailed the one pedal driving in no time. Was getting 171 wh/km by driving sensibly, not bad for cold and wet !