Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest, every one who has pickup for between 2-17th Dec , Have you guys got a message regarding USS and having to accept delivery ?

I havent had anything and my delivery is booked, Strange if my car didnt come with them with out the agreement.

Out of interest, every one who has pickup for between 2-17th Dec , Have you guys got a message regarding USS and having to accept delivery ?

I havent had anything and my delivery is booked, Strange if my car didnt come with them with out the agreement.
USS confirmation on 29/10. Hidden VIN 29/10. Text to ‘prepare’ for delivery 31/10. Arrange collection text 7/11.

Reactions: M3UK and dajw2793
This might be of interest to y'all - I was quoting for insurance via Admiral (my existing Multicar policy), and there was some confusion over the trim level to select.

After selecting TESLA, MODEL 3, 2022 (manufacturing year, not model year), there were two likely options:
  • RWD 302 (2022- )
  • Standard Range Plus 2WD (2018- )
There are no relevant Google hits for "RWD 302" but it seemed like a better fit than SRP 2WD, so I called them to confirm.

They agreed that RWD 302 looks like the right option. I can't commit to the quote until I get a registration plate confirmed from Tesla, but the price looked very reasonable - old policy (one car) £260, with tesla added (two cars) £392. That's fully comp for two drivers, 10,000 miles a year and £500 voluntary/£250 mandatory excess on the Tesla. Who knows if that will actually be the case when they get the plate though.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
This might be of interest to y'all - I was quoting for insurance via Admiral (my existing Multicar policy), and there was some confusion over the trim level to select.

After selecting TESLA, MODEL 3, 2022 (manufacturing year, not model year), there were two likely options:
  • RWD 302 (2022- )
There are no relevant Google hits for "RWD 302" but it seemed like a better fit than SRP 2WD, so I called them to confirm.

They agreed that RWD 302 looks like the right option. I can't commit to the quote until I get a registration plate confirmed from Tesla, but the price looked very reasonable - old policy (one car) £260, with tesla added (two cars) £392. That's fully comp for two drivers, 10,000 miles a year and £500 voluntary/£250 mandatory excess on the Tesla. Who knows if that will actually be the case when they get the plate though.

Hope this helps someone.

My quote with admiral is £1,745.93 with 10 years NCD 🙄 - this is very similar if not more with Churchill and Direct Line 😔

Cheapest quote so far is with the post office at £1092.

Never paid over £600 for insurance - my previous PHEV Mercedes was £340 with Morethan. My postcode is usually very good for insurance.

• RWD 302 (2022- )

Hope this helps someone.

Was this through the online portal? How was it left with not having a reg plate? Will honour Admiral honour the quote even when you add reg plate?

Delivery/Collection booked for 3rd December in Southampton. We haven’t had the Tesla vision pop up about USS removal etc. current theory is either I’m in the very short batch of builds first week of OCT before the “official” changeover or my wondering is wether the Vision/USS message is for people that have the upgraded Autopilot? Since I haven’t paid extra and keeping base Autopilot I don’t “loose” any features temporarily, everything works the same for the included autopilot. Therefore I’m not overly concerned about not having the message….

But…. I would like a new model without the USS sensors dotted around just for the cleaner look 😂

Long story short… have you gone for upgraded autopilot or the free/standard option?

Regarding insurance quotes, I found Privilege to be the cheapest. £560 for me and the missus, I've got 10 years NCD but my partner is 25 so guessing her age doesn't help. That price is also including £30 to protect no claims discount. I didnt think it was too bad at that.

Had an email from Zen today confirming delivery end of Nov/ early Dec. I’m yet to receive any texts from Tesla..

Lease orders appear to be completely random timelines for receiving information. I've had a hidden VIN since 28th October and still no delivery text. Same story from Lease Company saying end of Nov/Early December. Just means hopefully we have less time to wait between delivery text and delivery. Doesn't help with uncertainty though.

We haven’t had the Tesla vision pop up about USS removal etc. current theory is either I’m in the very short batch of builds first week of OCT before the “official” changeover or my wondering is wether the Vision/USS message is for people that have the upgraded Autopilot?
I have a pick up scheduled on Dec 6th (from Trafford Centre). I DID get the message about having to accept no USS, but I haven’t paid extra for enhanced Autopilot, which would appear to scupper Aaron-TG’s second theory!

Reactions: Aaron-TG

• RWD 302 (2022- )

Hope this helps someone.
I actually spoke to someone on their online chat today .

Currently have a Range rover insured and wanted to add the tesla, I also picked the 302 RWD .

My current car insurance runs out End of Feb , So i asked how much would it be if i was to add the Tesla until then Dec-Feb ( 3 months) (Multi car), It was £98.

My plan is to have both cars on the policy and hopefully sell the range rover after Christmas ( Or earlier if it snows ).

The quote doesnt show in my online account, but they did give me a ref number.

I have a pick up scheduled on Dec 6th (from Trafford Centre). I DID get the message about having to accept no USS, but I haven’t paid extra for enhanced Autopilot, which would appear to scupper Aaron-TG’s second theory!

Well, despite not being what I wanted to hear, great to know! I'll just hold out hope that it was some mystical tech error with all the focus on Twitter by the tech team and we are in fact getting Vision without being info'd 🤷‍♂️🤣

How about Vins ?
I didn't receive any USS message Vin is LRW3F7FS7PC67**** ( Standard everything except its midnight silver )
Delivery booked for the 3/12/2022
Also *not* a lease order ( could that make a difference with accountability ? )

How about Vins ?
I didn't receive any USS message Vin is LRW3F7FS7PC67**** ( Standard everything except its midnight silver )
Delivery booked for the 3/12/2022
Also *not* a lease order ( could that make a difference with accountability ? )
Interesting! You have Same collection day as me. My vin Batch number is 675 (Three digits immediately before my 3 digit serial) If the number after your 67 is also a 5 you could be onto something