Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery/Collection booked for 3rd December in Southampton. We haven’t had the Tesla vision pop up about USS removal etc. current theory is either I’m in the very short batch of builds first week of OCT before the “official” changeover or my wondering is wether the Vision/USS message is for people that have the upgraded Autopilot? Since I haven’t paid extra and keeping base Autopilot I don’t “loose” any features temporarily, everything works the same for the included autopilot. Therefore I’m not overly concerned about not having the message….

But…. I would like a new model without the USS sensors dotted around just for the cleaner look 😂

Long story short… have you gone for upgraded autopilot or the free/standard option?
People without EAP are still loosing Park Assist, aka beepy beep parking sensors with visualisation on screen.

To potentially scupper things more, my vin is 669 and no USS message. Pick up Southampton 7/12/22
I think to scupper it you’d need the message, as the theory could be sequential? (If there’s even any reason to it.) Literally making this up as I go 👀

E.g Batch 669 lower than 675 so made before 675.

A number between 669 & 676 definitely scuppers it 😂 Feel free to shout if you’re reading this and tick that box 👌

Last edited:
This might be of interest to y'all - I was quoting for insurance via Admiral (my existing Multicar policy), and there was some confusion over the trim level to select.

After selecting TESLA, MODEL 3, 2022 (manufacturing year, not model year), there were two likely options:
  • RWD 302 (2022- )
  • Standard Range Plus 2WD (2018- )
There are no relevant Google hits for "RWD 302" but it seemed like a better fit than SRP 2WD, so I called them to confirm.

They agreed that RWD 302 looks like the right option. I can't commit to the quote until I get a registration plate confirmed from Tesla, but the price looked very reasonable - old policy (one car) £260, with tesla added (two cars) £392. That's fully comp for two drivers, 10,000 miles a year and £500 voluntary/£250 mandatory excess on the Tesla. Who knows if that will actually be the case when they get the plate though.

Hope this helps someone.
Yeah same with me, I'm with Admiral. Paid £390 this year on my Corsa so I need to pay around £370 now to cover til the end of April with the Tesla so it said the full price would be like £740 or something, but if I do a new quote for a 12 month policy for a Model 3 it comes out at around £1,200 which is what every other provider has quoted, so I think I'll get that nasty price hike come April. Better in April than now anyway.

Reactions: cr3_uk
Yeah same with me, I'm with Admiral. Paid £390 this year on my Corsa so I need to pay around £370 now to cover til the end of April with the Tesla so it said the full price would be like £740 or something, but if I do a new quote for a 12 month policy for a Model 3 it comes out at around £1,200 which is what every other provider has quoted, so I think I'll get that nasty price hike come April. Better in April than now anyway.
Yikes! Well, we can enjoy the low rate for now I suppose…