Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Purchase 2years ago.
Part 1 Plastic
Part 2 Rubber

Mud Flaps.jpg

I'll be interested to know how the 2023 models are on full charge in the present climate
I charged mine up to 100% this morning, used 2% battery preconditioning, when I got in the car the remaining 98% was predicting 260 miles. I think that's a bit optimistic though, I've done 270 miles in the car since picking it up and it's averaged at 250wh/mi so by my calculations the 60kw battery should go 240 mile (not that I'd ever risk going down to 0% battery though).

Reactions: M3UK
Thanks, I take it all back… it’s exactly where you described!
I can see why you missed it, it is tucked up out the way a bit.

I've plugged a 4 port Anker USB hub into the socket and now have the USB drive and 2x 8bitdo wireless controller adapters plugged into the hub. Can confirm I was able to connect two xbox controllers up to it for Sonic and Cuphead 😎

Reactions: partywme
I assume you have the stubby ones already fitted? If so that is all you want. No one installs those extensions because they will hit speed bumps and get ripped off. So I wouldn't bother going out of your way getting it replaced.

Good call, they did appear a bit low to the ground. I'm just a bit retentive about "it should all be right", nice to have them as part of the car (in the cargo area for when/whoever wants to install them!)

Now that people are finally receiving their vehicles, has anyone named their Tesla yet?

I know what I will call mine when she arrives… Three. There are three reasons.

1. It’s a Model 3.
2. It’s my third ever car.
3. Couldn’t think of a clever, witty name.

Reactions: Zwolf
Now that people are finally receiving their vehicles, has anyone named their Tesla yet?

I know what I will call mine when she arrives… Three. There are three reasons.

1. It’s a Model 3.
2. It’s my third ever car.
3. Couldn’t think of a clever, witty name.

I went for my dogs name who I lost a few months ago at the age of 6 😢

It’s ‘Stan’ the tesla.

The only thing which could have made this experience sweeter would have been taking him for a drive in the tesla to the local beach. That pet liner would have been the most valuable tesla accessory!!!

Mine was a mix. Have you got the little steering wheel icon in blue showing you how much further it’s got to go to calibrate?
I did another 20 miles today and the blue icon has not moved at all. Am I doing something wrong? I have mentioned it on the app and am awaiting a response.

I have noticed a few other things with my car:

1) Driver window often lowers when I open the door but does not return to the closed position. I have to manually lift the window with the controls. This is on top of the owl sound I can hear when operating the window.

2) I can hear some distortion from the speakers on the front passenger side at volume 60%+

3) Some condensation inside my front headlights as pictured - not sure if this is normal after a drive?

Just wondering what you guys think. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20221127_145358.jpg
    IMG_20221127_145358.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20221127_125228.jpg
    IMG_20221127_125228.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221127_145402.jpg
    IMG_20221127_145402.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20221127_145425.jpg
    IMG_20221127_145425.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 40
I did another 20 miles today and the blue icon has not moved at all. Am I doing something wrong? I have mentioned it on the app and am awaiting a response.

I have noticed a few other things with my car:

1) Driver window often lowers when I open the door but does not return to the closed position. I have to manually lift the window with the controls. This is on top of the owl sound I can hear when operating the window.

2) I can hear some distortion from the speakers on the front passenger side at volume 60%+

3) Some condensation inside my front headlights as pictured - not sure if this is normal after a drive?

Just wondering what you guys think. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Re the headlight issue. I had this in my last car (BMW X3M40i) and BMW replaced it straightaway on warranty (£1800 per headlight!!!!) So I would definitely mention it to Tesla. Some folks have had the same and they said it sorted itself, but I personally would "log it" with Tesla as they are a sealed unit and shouldn't have any moisture inside.

The windows should lower on a frameless door but as soon as it's shut they should pop up and be snug (had this on an A5 Coupe) again, get it logged.

Reactions: Zwolf
Do people think all weather mats are essential? I have some rubber ones in my 2019 m3 now which work ok but a lot of leaves collect on edges (they have no edge lip).

My new m3 arrives in 2.5 weeks meaning a taptes order may arrive in time etc…. Are they essential? My 2019 m3 came with no mats at all… but the new one does… and if so is about £100 from taptes the best choice? I can reuse my boot liner now so only need floor mats.

Do people think all weather mats are essential? I have some rubber ones in my 2019 m3 now which work ok but a lot of leaves collect on edges (they have no edge lip).

My new m3 arrives in 2.5 weeks meaning a taptes order may arrive in time etc…. Are they essential? My 2019 m3 came with no mats at all… but the new one does… and if so is about £100 from taptes the best choice? I can reuse my boot liner now so only need floor mats.

I think I’ll be getting them! Assuming this English weather continues the carpet mats will be covered in dirt in no time at all

Reactions: dajw2793