Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So spoke to Tesla Chat and they confirmed my order spec as in the text, then when they checked the PO from Lex, Lease they can see the upgraded wheels are on the order, but Tesla have basically F**ked up and haven't upgraded the order!! now my car will be unassigned, and I will have to wait for another!! annoyed right now is an understatement! I order the thing in January! I'm going to try and get them to provide me with an inventory vehicle as there is at least 6 with my exact spec! but won't hold my breath!
Further update - I have spoke with Tesla on the phone, expressed my frustration, 20 mins later I was reassigned a new vehicle, not only that, it is in stock at my Local Branch (Newcastle) and I can collect on 1st December instead of the original 7th so I'm now pleased I was assigned the wrong vehicle....... Tesla have brilliant customer service I don't know what you all winge at haha

Further update - I have spoke with Tesla on the phone, expressed my frustration, 20 mins later I was reassigned a new vehicle, not only that, it is in stock at my Local Branch (Newcastle) and I can collect on 1st December instead of the original 7th so I'm now pleased I was assigned the wrong vehicle....... Tesla have brilliant customer service I don't know what you all winge at haha
Hope they fcuk my order up next then 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Zwolf and JonesR
For those who have recently got their cars, do you have heated steering wheel and rear seats? I thought this had now become standard but recognised mine does not have these. I know I ordered in Oct21 when I think they weren't on the SR+ (which is what I ordered) but assumed I would get if the spec now has it. I also seem to remember when first became standard that some got the release with a SW update after they had the car. Is this still done for the RWD? Thought I would ask here before I go and maybe log it as a topic with Tesla.

Well 5days in and very happy with it. Did a 200mile round trip to London yesterday. 100% charge when left, got home with 8%. 50kWh used according to the trip and 250Wh/mile average so happy with that as quite low temps especially as late night drive back. Mostly motorway at legal speeds. So far video cruise and the autosteer has been good. Only 1 incident when it started to brake when no reason. Also considering the fog etc, the wipers seemed to have been pretty good and as I would have expected from my BMW. Will see if I continue to be satisfied.

Reactions: dajw2793
For those who have recently got their cars, do you have heated steering wheel and rear seats? I thought this had now become standard but recognised mine does not have these. I know I ordered in Oct21 when I think they weren't on the SR+ (which is what I ordered) but assumed I would get if the spec now has it. I also seem to remember when first became standard that some got the release with a SW update after they had the car. Is this still done for the RWD? Thought I would ask here before I go and maybe log it as a topic with Tesla.
Yep my RWD has all heated seats in the rear, heated steering wheel and even a heated wiper button (no idea what I'd use that for?).

I’m collecting an M3 RWD on Friday 9th December.

Looking forward to this but can’t help thinking that the car will probably have some panel issues, from what I’ve heard.

Question is, what is the procedure to sort this out? can it be booked in for any remedial work there and then?
What happens if I don’t accept the car?

Seems outrageous that I’ve even got these concerns for a brand new £46k car !!

Mercedes Benz never did this to me! 😳
Tesla haven’t done it to you yet…

Panel gaps seem to be a rarity now, especially for the Chinese made vehicles.

If they can fix it there and then they will, if not you’ll get booked in and someone will come to you or you go to them depending on if it can be sorted by remote service.

If you don’t accept it I’m pretty sure you start from scratch.

Don’t let anxiety ruin a shiny new car, you’ll love it.

Don’t let anxiety ruin a shiny new car, you’ll love it.
Thanks for the reassurance and info👍I suppose bad news always get over blown. I think the issue stems from seeing cars reviewed by magazine journalists having panel issues. (You’d think Tesla would lend them a perfect example).

I wouldn’t like to be the person who has to try and explain away any problems to my Mrs... 😂🤞

Heated wiper button? Where do I find that, you got picture?
If you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the climate settings window then its at the bottom of that screen next to the heated steering wheel icon. Found a pic on Google that shows it;

m22hGJ09cQbcqGILsOpW3UL6ehCDvrdHthkQst2XG9k.jpg

Reactions: M3UK and TimboUK
Can you link the posts? Feels like fake news.
Well someone mentioned in post 2855 above?

Well 5days in and very happy with it. Did a 200mile round trip to London yesterday. 100% charge when left, got home with 8%. 50kWh used according to the trip and 250Wh/mile average so happy with that as quite low temps especially as late night drive back. Mostly motorway at legal speeds. So far video cruise and the autosteer has been good. Only 1 incident when it started to brake when no reason. Also considering the fog etc, the wipers seemed to have been pretty good and as I would have expected from my BMW. Will see if I continue to be satisfied.