Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Safe to Drive/Park on Beach?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Considering a Model 3 SR+ and we live in a town in FL that we're able to park and drive on the beach (New Smyrna Beach). Understanding the M3 is heavier than a regular car, does anyone have experience driving and parking it on the beach? Typically the sand is not too soft and regular cars are able to park without issues.

thanks for any info.

Hi all,

Considering a Model 3 SR+ and we live in a town in FL that we're able to park and drive on the beach (New Smyrna Beach). Understanding the M3 is heavier than a regular car, does anyone have experience driving and parking it on the beach? Typically the sand is not too soft and regular cars are able to park without issues.

thanks for any info.
All depends on the sand... I've seen chargers with 22's drive on hardpacked sand.

Not sure what FL has since im from Socal.

18's aired down, with slip start is going to give you the best chance

Hi all,

thanks for any info.
Haven't been to New Smyrna for a couple decades, but if a truck or large SUV can drive the hard flats, then the Model 3 shouldn't have any issues. Of course, bring a tow strap just in case.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The hard-packed sand of the driving lanes shouldn't be any problem. Just pick your spot to park carefully - try to find a place that doesn't look too soft. I always used to back in when I parked, then if I needed a push to get out I was already pointed in the right direction.

Hi all,

thanks for any info.

I have a LR AWD M3. I was at Symrna beach today and was able to drive without any issues. I parked at place where sand wasn't soft and drove at 10 MPH. All the best! I would say avoid soft part of sand. When you park, go straight and back out straight. You will be fine.

Thanks.

Reactions: KenC
The weight of the car is based on the pressure in the tires. The model 3 will be 13lbs heaver on each tire than a normal car. Reason to lower air is to spread the weight out over the area. If you brought the air pressure down to 28, then you just removed 17lbs of weight on each tire. This is based on 45lbs of recommended tire pressure in the 3. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC