Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - SN1 - Anyone catch the door handles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, a significant number of posts dealt with wives and diamond rings, which is a new topic of discussion for the Model 3 door handles. :):p
Also, the thread title, "Anyone catch the door handles?" could be alluding to the potential problem of wedding (and other) rings catching the door handles. :D

To which I'll reply with the standard response to all speculative issues about the Model 3: "You won't care" :p

In the video, at ~1:30, the gentleman walks up to open the driver's side door. I've watched it many, many, times, and I'm not able to determine whether it's a 'push & pop', a 'swipe', or if he's actually 'pulling' a handle.

What about it can detect any pressure on the rear/fat portion which causes it to auto-swivel out some fixed amount, and you can then grab? Once fully deployed by pulling/opening the door, when released it then closes flush. I can see that... :cool:

The engagement ring for your wife should cost more than your car, so you should worry about the car scratching the ring.
Anyone that can afford that much for an engagement ring isn't worried about scratches on anything. :D

A teslerati article is saying the Model 3 has auto opening doors like the model X. I looked at their time stamps and I don't see what' they're seeing - but then again I don't have a model X so I'm not familair with it's auto opening doors they're comparing the Model 3 to.

Any thought's?
Thoughts? Yes, I think Teslarati is smoking something ...

What about it can detect any pressure on the rear/fat portion which causes it to auto-swivel out some fixed amount, and you can then grab? Once fully deployed by pulling/opening the door, when released it then closes flush. I can see that... :cool:
I can't. That'd be even more expensive, complex, and prone to issues than the self-presenting handles on the S.