Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.50.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the people are disagreeing. You know I asked a question, right? Do you know how questions work?
Do you know how questions work?

You end your question with "right?"

The answer to your question is "no". So people are answering your question by "disagreeing" with your use of "right?"

If you don't want the disagreeing, then you should have phrased your question like "Can someone just get in your car and drive off if your car doesn't lock?", rather than kinda making a statement within a question format by suggesting an answer in your question.

Do you know how questions work?

You end your question with "right?"

The answer to your question is "no". So people are answering your question by "disagreeing" with your use of "right?"

If you don't want the disagreeing, then you should have phrased your question like "Can someone just get in your car and drive off if your car doesn't lock?", rather than kinda making a statement within a question format by suggesting an answer in your question.
I am so tempted to disagree with that post. :)
I understand this is a bit off the original topic, but how to I react to a post? I’m signed in with my account. Reading posts from Safari on iOS. I don’t see the “react” option anywhere for any threads.

After getting a new wifi set up at home a couple weeks ago (that can reach my car outside) I finally went from 44 to 50.5 last night. The fart machine works and I got try it out on someone already. Can't wait for the Y chromosomes in the house to get in the car next. :D. I guess I should check out the 'real' changes too...

So I have to have wifi on in order to receive updates? I just realized that I am still on version 42.4. I thought it did all this at night automatically. Damnnnn...missing out on the "fart" feature. Lol.

No WiFi isn’t required though so say you’re more likely to get updates if you’re on WiFi
I'm not on WiFi, and outside of one update, which I believe was considered critical (got it same day as most people), I have waited weeks for updates. I usually need to ask the SC to push them to me. I think they try to wait as long as possible if you're not on WiFi for the less important updates.

So, interesting data point for those of you on TeslaFi. When I received 48.12.1 a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the day before the update, my car refused to go to sleep for about 5.5 hours. Nothing I did would make the car sleep, even setting TeslaFi sleep attempts to start after 1 minute of idling. I assumed it was a bug with 46.2 that I was on at the time. Fast forward to yesterday, the car did it again. It idled and refused to sleep for about 5.5 hours. What happens today? Yup, you guessed it, 2018.50 arrives.

So now I think I might at least have about a 24 hour warning when I'm about to get an update, but I haven't had TeslaFi long enough to prove this out. I'm left wondering what the car could possibly be doing the day before that forces it to stay awake. Has anyone else noticed this? Note that when this has happened, the car is sitting idle on LTE, not WiFi. I then can see on my router that the update downloads the next day, minutes before I get the update notification.

Well, it happened again. Car refused to go to sleep for 6 hours yesterday, then I get 50.6 today.

2018.50.7 is hot off the press (noticed via TeslaFi). No idea what it does yet. If anybody does know or has it, please share.
I just installed it on my 2018 Model S 100D in Switzerland. Absolutely no changes (unless you count the fact that I successfully managed to listen to Spotify just fine and nothing stopped functioning during my morning commute). I would say it is bug fixes and so far, I have a huge number of them. If it has resolved some, I'm a happy bunny.