Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2nd series of digits is the week of the update. So 2019.5 series started hitting in the 5th week of 2019. The oldest update with any significant traction per TeslaFi is 2018.48, and that's at 2% and change of the fleet. 2018.50.6 is the oldest with a wide install base.

We're at the end of week 10 of 2019 tonight. So that update is 12 weeks old. And that's atypically long. 8 months is nonsense.

2018.50.6 isn't really 12 weeks old. Just as the current roll out is 2019.5 (or a few .7), 2018.50.6 wasn't rolling out on the 50th week of 2018 (Mid December). The rollout started 1/18 with heavy rollout 1/22-1/28 so it is really just 7 weeks old.

TeslaFi Fleet Totals - 4,517 Active Cars

LOL - Great sample size.

Adding 'statistics' to the list of things Garlan is not well-informed about.

2018.50.6 isn't really 12 weeks old. Just as the current roll out is 2019.5 (or a few .7), 2018.50.6 wasn't rolling out on the 50th week of 2018 (Mid December). The rollout started 1/18 with heavy rollout 1/22-1/28 so it is really just 7 weeks old.

Indeed. I've tried to be conservative in this thread so as not to overstate my case.

Adding 'statistics' to the list of things Garlan is not well-informed about.

Indeed. I've tried to be conservative in this thread so as not to overstate my case.

Straight off the Teslfi website right now.....

upload_2019-3-11_0-25-53.png

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

This is getting hilarious. Now you are disagreeing with your own source.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TT97
Just got it, too. Trying out sentry mode. Is there suppose to be a red eye looking thing on the display while I an trying to open the door without my phone nearby? I don't see it coming on. And yes, I did turned it on via the app.

Do you have a USB drive in? The red light won’t come on the TeslaCam icon until one is installed so it can begin recording.

As for the Big Red Eye on Sentry Mode, it also needs the usb drive in place and in my testing didn’t pop up on the center screen, along with headlight flash to catch someone’s attention the car was alive, until we kind of pounded on a window or leaned hard against the door. It was recording us standing along side the car. As for the Alarm it’s not suppose to go off until someone breaks a window to gain access. That test I’m not going to do. :) I wonder if this update includes any update to Sentry Mode’s sensitivity to people just walking by the car or cars driving past. Most of my 5.4 Sentry Mode SavedClip recordings were of that and only one was of a family getting into a car next to me so in very close proximity to my car.

Last edited:
Reactions: moonfresh
Was able to get the Blind Spot chime on .15. The blinker was selected and then started to move to an empty lane. Of course someone two lanes over decided they wanted that spot and moved into the lane as my car’s tires crossed the lines. Make sure to read when it comes on. It is not something that you can test easily.

• Informative
Reactions: bijan and SMAlset