Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, and the difference will be even more stark at normative American driving speeds.
I am so looking forward to a head to head range match at 75 mph, followed by a 100 mile recharge and then back to base.

It won't be pretty, but it sure will be funny.

Let's take a Bolt and base Model 3, do a 215 mile round trip test at 75 mph and let's see which car completes it first, charging optional. ;)

Reactions: Kacey Green
Fully loaded 3 - $59k
Fully loaded bolt - $42k

*numbers are rough based on memory. Point is they aren't exactly in the same bracket.
Sure. Both of the participants were structuring the argument to suit their specific desired outcome, and it was transparent. I was trying to blatantly show how that looked, but I guess it wasn't clear.

Spotted wheel specs here:
The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide

• Size: 18X8.5"
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 27.5 lbs (Speculated)
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread (Speculated)
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft (Speculated)
  • Price: No Charge
  • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.

---------------
    • Size: 19X8.5"
    • Offset: +40
    • PCD: 5X114.3
    • Center Bore: 64.1mm
    • Weight: 29.5 lbs (Speculated)
    • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread (Speculated)
    • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft (Speculated)
    • Tire Spec: Continental ProContact, 235/40-19, 96W
    • Details: This is the optional sport wheel that costs an additional $1,500 when ordering a Tesla Model 3.

Thank you for the post. I find it a bit odd that they would be using a variety of different bolt patterns. It would be easier if they kept the 5x120 - this would be the same as the Model S/X
On the outset does seem odd that they would change but I'm sure there was a reason. Since the 3 is lighter they probably didn't need as large a bolt circle. Or maybe they just didn't want people putting X 22" wheels or S 21" wheels on the 3. The 3 only has 18" or 19" wheel sizes (20" possibly on performance version) so maybe they had to go smaller for caliper clearance. Just all speculation.

As Drivesolo states, lots of manufacturers do not necessarily keep the same pattern across all model lines. Heck, so manufacturers change bolt circles on the same model over different years. I know VW and Audi have done that many times as well.

I suppose this would be true, but I have been a BMW owner for over 10 years and all BMW models (even ones I don't own), have had the 5x120 bolt pattern.

I know it can be a choice based on costs or availability, but keeping standardized sizes also makes it easier for parts personnel and public to shop for accessories, especially something like winter wheels/tires.

Does anyone know whether ‘Perpendicular Parking’ and 'Parallel Parking' is included in the current Long Range Model 3 plus Premiun Package, so without the autopilot option Enhanced Autopilot ($5K).
...in post #1 here of Model 3 specs it says
"
Enhanced Autopilot - $5,000
Model 3 will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes,
transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway AND SELF-PARK at your destination.
"

Does anyone know whether ‘Perpendicular Parking’ and 'Parallel Parking' is included in the current Long Range Model 3 plus Premiun Package, so without the autopilot option Enhanced Autopilot ($5K).
...in post #1 here of Model 3 specs it says
"
Enhanced Autopilot - $5,000
Model 3 will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes,
transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway AND SELF-PARK at your destination.
"

Self parking is part of EAP.

Reactions: Kacey Green
From RiggerJon on M3OC forum:
Can you give more information on how the parking sensors work?
It's hard to describe, but all of those sonar sensors on the front seem to work in tandem to create a wavy line around the car on the left pane of the UI to represent barriers. It's pretty accurate - I have two trash cans in my garage and the wavy lines distinguish between the two cans. When you get to 12inches from an object (display shows the distance in real time as it closes) it dings and says "stop" on the UI. Pretty slick.