Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, any news on delivery for a m3p ordered mid October? Still waiting for a vin with a delivery date of 4/12-18/12
Not sure where m3p is made in, the Sr+ is in china, I searched "LRW"as it's made at Shanghai plant or "vin" need to go through many vin and you will find it at your manage your car page, right click and view page source using Chrome. Do it on a computer instead of mobile phone, as phone I have trouble.

I think @Vedaprime would know where your car is ☺️👍 sounds like many happy Tesla owners before Christmas ⛄⛄🌲

Reactions: Devil666
Hi all, any news on delivery for a m3p ordered mid October? Still waiting for a vin with a delivery date of 4/12-18/12
Bit weird if you don't have a VIN? I'd be following that up if you ordered mid October...
Ordered my M3P on 1 November with build date of the same day. I understand there is shipment due next week which will include. I have a similar delivery date window as you (5 Dec to 19 Dec) and assume difference is due to location.

Reactions: Devil666
Not sure where m3p is made in, the Sr+ is in china, I searched "LRW"as it's made at Shanghai plant or "vin" need to go through many vin and you will find it at your manage your car page, right click and view page source using Chrome. Do it on a computer instead of mobile phone, as phone I have trouble.

I think @Vedaprime would know where your car is ☺️👍 sounds like many happy Tesla owners before Christmas ⛄⛄🌲
Cheers thanks
Bit weird if you don't have a VIN? I'd be following that up if you ordered mid October...
Ordered my M3P on 1 November with build date of the same day. I understand there is shipment due next week which will include. I have a similar delivery date window as you (5 Dec to 19 Dec) and assume difference is due to location.
cheers thanks I’m in Sydney

If you ordered mid October your car should definitely have been assigned. If you know how to read source code in HTML, sign into your account in Tesla, open your order in the dashboard (click manage). Then...The following works in Chrome with Windows:
  1. Right click anywhere on the screen.
  2. Select "View page source".
  3. In the new window press Ctrl-f.
  4. Type LRW in the box. Nothing else, doesn't need to be capitals.
  5. You should be given something like this: "LRW3F7EC4MC40XXXX" with numbers instead of X. LRW will be highlighted. That's it.
I ordered mine on the 21st of Oct. I have a VIN, but no delivery date yet. Vedaprime has insights if you need to know more. I expect yours is in the same shipment as mine.
Note that my VIN is also on my invoice. Have you got an invoice?

Reactions: Victor T
If you ordered mid October your car should definitely have been assigned. If you know how to read source code in HTML, sign into your account in Tesla, open your order in the dashboard (click manage). Then...The following works in Chrome with Windows:
  1. Right click anywhere on the screen.
  2. Select "View page source".
  3. In the new window press Ctrl-f.
  4. Type LRW in the box. Nothing else, doesn't need to be capitals.
  5. You should be given something like this: "LRW3F7EC4MC40XXXX" with numbers instead of X. LRW will be highlighted. That's it.
I ordered mine on the 21st of Oct. I have a VIN, but no delivery date yet. Vedaprime has insights if you need to know more. I expect yours is in the same shipment as mine.
Note that my VIN is also on my invoice. Have you got an invoice?
Yeah have a vin now

Reactions: Culfy
Looks like 5th to 19th Dec Delivery could be this ship? according to @Vedaprime

Felt so Naive as I ordered from the Existing inventory on 19th Nov to be already onShore according to another Tesla Personel... still no news after 25th Nov Paid in Full Invoice.

With Built Date 31Oct... @Vedaprime Said roughly 2 weeks sailing, read all the posts

another 2 ~ 2.5 weeks to transport to Melbourne? Super Long Wait. Gen Y.. quite impatient. Imagine Ordering Traditionally without taking existing inventory .. could drive me nuts.

Imagine Ordering Traditionally without taking existing inventory .. could drive me nuts.

I mean, at least Tesla’s logistics are somewhat predictable in this phase of the M3s life (though the patterns may change with Berlin plus Shanghai expanding, but hopefully for the better). I ordered custom, and know that mine should be here by the end of March. Sure it’s a long wait, but in the grand scheme of things time will fly. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get it sooner, that would be a nice bonus.

Now consider something like the Ioniq or XC40 - you can put a deposit down, and about all they can tell you is “sometime after mid next year” with no insight, no online order page, and no past history to even get a prediction (I guess people waiting for the Y are in that boat).

Reactions: Victor T
Looks like 5th to 19th Dec Delivery could be this ship? according to @Vedaprime

Felt so Naive as I ordered from the Existing inventory on 19th Nov to be already onShore according to another Tesla Personel... still no news after 25th Nov Paid in Full Invoice.

With Built Date 31Oct... @Vedaprime Said roughly 2 weeks sailing, read all the posts

another 2 ~ 2.5 weeks to transport to Melbourne? Super Long Wait. Gen Y.. quite impatient. Imagine Ordering Traditionally without taking existing inventory .. could drive me nuts.
Does this ship also come to Melbourne or do the cars come via road from Port Kembla