Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ Owner Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who already have your M3 SR+ models and that have had them for a bit of time:-

Do you have any buyers remorse?
How are you finding the car weeks/months in?

I'm soon to be a new owner and this will be my first new car (+ electric & expensive car) and I just really hope its worth it as I'm coming from a 11 year old Audi A3 2.0 TDI. My nerves are starting to kick in now as my delivery date is fast approaching.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Reactions: rotor2k
I'm a month in. It's a great car. Nothing to worry about. I'm glad I didn't go for a bigger model, this one is plenty.

Range is significantly different in real life die to various factors but it's not an issue as charging here and there becomes a lifestyle thing.

Had it 2 months now and still love it. As someone else mentioned, " it's like a fine wine and gets better with age"

Nearly 5k miles in (4,632 to be precise - love the app for that bit). Charging no prob and I don't have home charging (on street where I live). Charge at work mainly and use the networks, Ecotricity, polar mainly.

You get into a routine very quickly, it's like your mobile phone, you don't think about it but plug it in when you can.

You do plan your journeys in advance but that's the fun bit :)

Oh yeh, the ride is something else. And you will love traffic jams. Smile at everyone around you and point at the car yelling "Yep it's driving it's self and dealing with this sh*t so I don't have too"

Network Charging has become much more fun, make sure you have a bag of popcorn or treat yourself to a McDonald's and tap on Netflix.

Your Kids friends become yours... Karaoke! "HELLO is it me your looking for"

And you will become an expert in many areas about cars you never knew you would be interested in.

So to answer your question, I'll come back to you as I'm popping out for a drive.

:)

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring
Charging no prob and I don't have home charging (on street where I live). Charge at work mainly and use the networks, Ecotricity, polar mainly.
I’m in the same position, no home charging so was planning on using mostly Polar when my car arrives on the 7th Nov.

How do you find Polar? Did you go for the subscription? Whats the average cost to charge from Polar and how long does it take in reality, day to day?

I’m in the same position, no home charging so was planning on using mostly Polar when my car arrives on the 7th Nov.

How do you find Polar? Did you go for the subscription? Whats the average cost to charge from Polar and how long does it take in reality, day to day?
Only had one problem charger that seems to refuse to connect now, but before that worked like a charm. Told polar but they blamed my car. Others have had the same issue with that charger. luckily one up the road works so definitely not the car.

Have been using the 3 months free polar subscription so I pay 15p per kWh, but best do your maths to see if it works out cheaper to sub or not. I'm not as it's better for me to use the Polar instant app at 25p.

If you tap to pay it's 30p and also £1.20 min payment. So make sure you take more than 4 kWh

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring
For those of you who already have your M3 SR+ models and that have had them for a bit of time:-

Do you have any buyers remorse?
How are you finding the car weeks/months in?

I'm soon to be a new owner and this will be my first new car (+ electric & expensive car) and I just really hope its worth it as I'm coming from a 11 year old Audi A3 2.0 TDI. My nerves are starting to kick in now as my delivery date is fast approaching.

Any information would be much appreciated.

No buyers remorse here! There are loads of comments on this forum already that are relevant to your question, however, if you have anything specific that doesn't seem to be covered just ask.