Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Sun Visor Clips too Flimsy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else broken a sun visor clip on their model 3?

About a month ago, the visor clip on the passenger side visor broke off when attempting to swing it to the side. Tesla service was great. A ranger came to the house with the part and replaced it a few days later.

Today, the exact same thing happened with the driver side clip. I will log another service request tonight.

In decades of driving many different vehicles I have never had this happen before. With this car it's happened twice in a month. Am I the only one that has had this happen?

By the way, it's a July 2019 build.

They are not robust. Drivers who are in the habit of yanking car visors to the side (I'm not accusing the OP of yanking...) will soon break the delicate Tesla visors.

I am reminded of the flimsy folding cupholders in our 2000 BMW 540i. The car retailed for over $60k as I recall, and the cupholders were ridiculously useless. I believe we broke them within the first month.

They are not robust. Drivers who are in the habit of yanking car visors to the side (I'm not accusing the OP of yanking...) will soon break the delicate Tesla visors.

I am reminded of the flimsy folding cupholders in our 2000 BMW 540i. The car retailed for over $60k as I recall, and the cupholders were ridiculously useless. I believe we broke them within the first month.
Those cup holders were completely an afterthought for the American market.

I bought some non-liquid 'super-glue' and applied it to the two base of very thin pieces of plastic that holds the screw enclosure to the clip. The glue ended up as two fillets that, hopefully, will prevent the clip from bending and the thin plastic surfaces from breaking. Before the glue was completely dry, I mounted the clip. I'm now crossing my fingers...