Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious to know if Model 3 owners who use T-Mobile are receiving text notifications from the Tesla app (start/stop climate control, charging, battery status, etc.)…?

I ask because I recently switched to T-Mobile and now my NissanConnectEV app for my LEAF will only send me e-mail notifications, but NOT text messages. I've verified that NissanConnectEV sends text notifications with AT&T and Verizon, but not T-Mobile. I am therefore thinking of switching carriers again, but perhaps there is no need IF T-Mobile will work properly with the Tesla app when I take delivery of my Model 3.

I seem to recall having trouble getting certain texts like online account verification texts several months back and when I called they had to tweak my account to allow short texts or something. Probably a response to all the unsolicited crap we get now. Anyway it fixed my problem.

@Yanquetino The Tesla App does not use SMS messages, it's just in-app notifications...

I get Short Message texts from Uber/Lyft/Postmates and that kind of messages on my T-Mobile account...

So, not sure why Nissan is blocked
Yes, but NissanConnectEV is NOT sending me either push notifications or text messages, just e-mail messages —even though all three are enabled in the app. And yes: my iPhone 8 notifications are enabled for the app. I just don't receive them. I just want verification that a T-Mobile user DOES at least receive notifications from the Tesla app —even though it doesn't send e-mail or texts. Anyone?

Yes, T-mobile by default blocks those SMS messages that appear as short numbers. You have to get those enabled. I forget if you can DIY or if you have to contact customer support. Once it's enabled, you'll get your LEAF SMS. It's a bit silly for them to still block these, since it's frequently used for 2-factor authentication for banks and such.

But as others have said, the Tesla App notifications are from the app, not an SMS, so the carrier has nothing to do with whether you receive notifications from your Tesla app or not.

Yes, T-mobile by default blocks those SMS messages that appear as short numbers. You have to get those enabled. I forget if you can DIY or if you have to contact customer support. Once it's enabled, you'll get your LEAF SMS. It's a bit silly for them to still block these, since it's frequently used for 2-factor authentication for banks and such.

But as others have said, the Tesla App notifications are from the app, not an SMS, so the carrier has nothing to do with whether you receive notifications from your Tesla app or not.
That's nice to know, and perhaps I'll call T-Mobile (again!) to see if someone there can enable SMS messages so I will receive them from the NissanConnectEV app.

I still don't know, however, if Model 3 owners on T-Mobile are, in fact, receiving their push notifications using the Tesla app, preferably with an iPhone 8. That is my biggest concern for when I take delivery of my Model 3. Please chime in if you have that setup and can verify it all works.

That's nice to know, and perhaps I'll call T-Mobile (again!) to see if someone there can enable SMS messages so I will receive them from the NissanConnectEV app.

I still don't know, however, if Model 3 owners on T-Mobile are, in fact, receiving their push notifications using the Tesla app, preferably with an iPhone 8. That is my biggest concern for when I take delivery of my Model 3. Please chime in if you have that setup and can verify it all works.

I get all notifications from the Tesla App, ChargePoint, Plugshare, etc...

On both iPhone and Google Pixel...

I have a Model S and an iPhone on T-mobile and I receive notifications from the Tesla app. Like I said, carrier is irrelevant. I can be on wifi and still receive notifications. It's the same app for Model 3. You just swipe left or right to choose which car to control. Hopefully you don't think that for some reason the app will fail to send notifications for just the Model 3?