Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - the new taxi drivers' favourite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I look out for the first YouTube video compilation of drunk people at 1am trying to figure out how to open the doors .

Not ideal for the airport run since you can't get nearly as many suitcases in the boot as you can an Octavia ( I have owned 4) but perfect for Cities especially ones with ULEZ

Reactions: Jason71
You’d think a MY would be more suited to hauling people and odd shaped luggage🤔
When I was in Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago, nearly all the city taxis were EVs. I had an iD4 and a Mercedes EV running me about.

Incidentally, they look really smart in a gunmetal grey wrap with green text.
When there are a few more MY on the used market at reasonable prices I imagine they will become the favourite.
Due to the paint pricing there will also be a good supply of white ones which will be a bonus.

Reactions: thax1
I look out for the first YouTube video compilation of drunk people at 1am trying to figure out how to open the doors .

No need:

EwtpXf_WQAUKEeM

:)

I find your faith in people touching.
Assuming its not Dark (at 1am) and the hen party in question can and does actually read the message there is still the tricky second stage where you have to grab the thin part while simultaneously pushing in on the fat part something that even some sober people seem to find akin to patting their head and rubbing their stomach at the same time

I find your faith in people touching.
Assuming its not Dark (at 1am) and the hen party in question can and does actually read the message there is still the tricky second stage where you have to grab the thin part while simultaneously pushing in on the fat part something that even some sober people seem to find akin to patting their head and rubbing their stomach at the same time
Yet somehow they have a natural intuition for finding the emergency manual release instead of the door open button when they're on the inside.

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
As a London based private hire driver mainly doing Uber & using a Black MY, I can confirm this is the biggest problem I face when picking people up.
99% of the time I have to put a window down to explain how to get in, then they are reaching in through window looking for the internal door handle to open door, once they work out the handle most of the time they just push it in which kicks open door then they pull door open using the window rather than the handle 🤦‍♂️

Now add in night time, black car & handles, beers, inclement weather and ladies with long acrylic nails 😂

As a London based private hire driver mainly doing Uber & using a Black MY, I can confirm this is the biggest problem I face when picking people up.
99% of the time I have to put a window down to explain how to get in, then they are reaching in through window looking for the internal door handle to open door, once they work out the handle most of the time they just push it in which kicks open door then they pull door open using the window rather than the handle 🤦‍♂️

Now add in night time, black car & handles, beers, inclement weather and ladies with long acrylic nails 😂
How about chroming that handles :)

When I heard people had trouble finding the black handles at night I thought It can't be that bad surely. Now I have swapped my chrome on white M3 for a black on "midnight" silver MY I can confirm that without street lighting you really can't see them sometimes. I have trouble and I should know where it is just from muscle memory by now!
Black on black must be even worse. Are you not tempted to put a reflective sticker on them?

When I heard people had trouble finding the black handles at night I thought It can't be that bad surely. Now I have swapped my chrome on white M3 for a black on "midnight" silver MY I can confirm that without street lighting you really can't see them sometimes. I have trouble and I should know where it is just from muscle memory by now!
Black on black must be even worse. Are you not tempted to put a reflective sticker on them?
Did look at some stick on glow in dark handle covers from China, or also the self present handles, but still undecided :rolleyes:😂