Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 thinks break is pressed all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 seems to think the break pedal is pressed even when my foot is not on the pedal. This means the tail lights won't turn off (even after leaving the car for an hour) and the charge port will not unlock (even if I get the cover open, it will not accept the charger). I did a "full soft reboot", but that did not help. Has anyone encountered this? I have a service appointment, but it is not for 6 days...meanwhile I cannot charge the car :-(

Brian

My model 3 seems to think the break pedal is pressed even when my foot is not on the pedal. This means the tail lights won't turn off (even after leaving the car for an hour) and the charge port will not unlock (even if I get the cover open, it will not accept the charger). I did a "full soft reboot", but that did not help. Has anyone encountered this? I have a service appointment, but it is not for 6 days...meanwhile I cannot charge the car :-(

Brian

Could be that the brake switch is mispositioned. This may occur if the the brake pedal is forcibly pulled rearwards.
Tesla has free access to the service manual for adjustment at service.tesla.com (basically remove trim in the way, rotate switch, push to just contact pedal, twist switch back to lock). If the switch holding threads are damaged, it may need replaced.
You may be able to check if this is the issue by lightly pulling the pedal toward you, don't force it.

Upvote 0