Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tint Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is 3M Crystalline CP70 on the windshield and Spectra Photosync SPH45 on the sides and rear. Installed by Cactus Tint in Scottsdale. Their work was impeccable.
20190113_125824-jpg.368674

20190113_125815-jpg.368665

20190113_125802-jpg.368677

20190113_125849-jpg.368667

Reactions: Leeclanual
I have the following quotes for just the side windows only.

Can you guys recommend which one should I take?

Llumar air blue 80 - $220
Llumar CTX - $220
3M crystalline - $375

The 3M crystalline is the highest quality - challenged only by Spectra Photosync. However, I didn't choose it for my side windows because it has a brownish tinge and I thought the smokey color of the Spectra went better with white.

need some opinion. Was thinking about doing all my windows 20%. Do you think that is too dark, ie would i have to roll the front window down at night to see out. Didnt know if I go with 30%, maybe I dont have to roll the window down anymore.

I just did mine with 20%, I'm very happy. My installer told me that 20% is what most OEMs use for factory tint on SUVs, so if you have or know somebody with a SUV with factory tint, use that as a guide.

BTW, assumption is that you're not planning to do the windshield with 20%....... :)

need some opinion. Was thinking about doing all my windows 20%. Do you think that is too dark, ie would i have to roll the front window down at night to see out. Didnt know if I go with 30%, maybe I dont have to roll the window down anymore.

Make sure you check your local tint laws... if you over tint and get into an accident for whatever reason it will most likely be listed as a contributing factor by the police on the accident report... be warned.

Hi folks! Can anyone advise on a good tint shop in the LA area? I'm being quoted $500 for 3M Crystalline at the moment (one piece for the black) is that a tad high?

Is the $500 just for the back piece or for the windows too.

If it is just the back that sounds about right for crystalline. If it is for the windows too that is a steal and I would be worried about shop reputation.

Is the $500 just for the back piece or for the windows too.

If it is just the back that sounds about right for crystalline. If it is for the windows too that is a steal and I would be worried about shop reputation.

590 for all, including front and one piece back. Concours in Marina Del Rey near Costco. There were "only" 7 other Teslas being done when I was there. 3M C in 30% everywhere except for clear on the windshield worked for me on my Silver. They have a sister shop in Torrance. Makes a world of differance. I pondered 40%, but went with 30% and at night its fine.
20190119_080835.jpg

590 for all, including front and one piece back. Concours in Marina Del Rey near Costco. There were "only" 7 other Teslas being done when I was there. 3M C in 30% everywhere except for clear on the windshield worked for me on my Silver. They have a sister shop in Torrance. Makes a world of differance. I pondered 40%, but went with 30% and at night its fine. View attachment 370330
Mine was done by Concours as well.

9BC7B628-8B76-434B-82B3-7ADDE330A81C.jpeg

Last edited:
590 for all, including front and one piece back. Concours in Marina Del Rey near Costco. There were "only" 7 other Teslas being done when I was there. 3M C in 30% everywhere except for clear on the windshield worked for me on my Silver. They have a sister shop in Torrance. Makes a world of differance. I pondered 40%, but went with 30% and at night its fine. View attachment 370330

That seems insanely cheap compared to all other quotes I’ve seen. Heck mine was $605 including tax for just the sides and rear I’m one piece of llamar pinnacle. Another shop quoted me $1105 for Crystalline

Llumar 35% front, back, and rear 1 piece with 5% 7” eyebrow on the windshield. Like most other M3 owners have noted, the autodimming mirrors make it hard to see in the dark and almost impossible to see anything out of the rearview or sideview mirrors in the dark when it’s raining. I got a broadway mirror that helps and will get some convex side mirrors next.

Top 2 pics are no tint for comparison in the sun.

You mentioned you were going to upgrade your mirrors...what did you end up doing for your Model 3 mirrors?

I was going to go to a glass shop and get a couple of custom pieces cut out and place them over the existing mirrors with double sided tape, but I haven’t had a chance to get to the shop. I’m hoping the complaints to Tesla can give us a future update to control the dimming feature before I get to the glass shop.

In the meantime, I just have a couple of cheap convex mirrors on the sideview mirrors.

Easier method, pull the wire plugged into the mirror for dimming:
Auto Dimming Mirrors.... Kinda Dark

And replacement rear-view mirror:
Auto Dimming Mirrors.... Kinda Dark