Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 towbar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at getting a towbar fitted to my M3 (mostly for the bike rack).

I contacted Tesla service [email protected] and they called back to say the Tesla towbar will be available as an accessory in NZ at some indeterminate time in the future. They are currently working on getting the towbar certified for AU & NZ. They mentioned a couple of other people have enquired about this.

So if you are interested in getting a towbar I suggest contacting service, if enough of us do then it might just move up their priority list a bit.

Also there are 3rd party towbars available ex USA and possibly AU at this stage I haven't looked at bringing one in by may have to do so if the Tesla one doesn't happen so. If anyone has fitted a towbar or is looking at getting one I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on.

cheers

Interested in one too.

Imho the hardest thing is the wiring/smarts. There's a 3 pin plug in the back to plug into a module that then drives the trailer lights and tells the car it's got a trailer on. If someone can crack that... Take my money

We've got towing mode in service which lets you tow the car but no tow mode in driving.
IMG_20191010_190409.jpg
IMG_20191010_190429.jpg
IMG_20191010_190435.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Renaissance