Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tweeters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I recently bought a 2021 model 3 and I've just discovered that the little tweeter speakers on the top of the front doors are not working. After extensive Google searches about this, I tried some recommended fixes including a software reset using the two buttons on the steering wheel and checking for the latest software update and trying some things on the audio controls including turning off the immersive audio setting, but nothing is working, all the other speakers seem to be working ok. - has anyone else come across this issue and if so, have you found a fix for it?
Thanks.

It's hard to find any info about this, but it is looking like those speakers are only enabled on the premium audio setup on the LR unfortunately!
This is the article referenced:
Audio Systems for the Model 3 and Model Y – TeslaTap

For SR+, even if you had the speakers physically, many are disabled. There are some companies that sell harnesses to reactivate them, assuming you have them and they are just software disabled. An example from a quick google.
Model 3 SR Speaker Activation

Reactions: TimboM3
Upvote 0
The M3 RWD does not have the premium audio package. There no tweeters behind the covers
The OP is talking about the SR+ given it's 2021 model year. The tweeters were still installed in the front for those years and prior. The rear shelf speakers are what is typically missing. According to the seller linked above, even the later RWD models with Ryzen still have the tweeters installed, supposedly.

This is confirmed by reddit posts:

Apparently it costs Tesla less money to just include them than to create a separate dash configuration and assembly variation without them.

Upvote 0
The OP is talking about the SR+ given it's 2021 model year. The tweeters were still installed in the front for those years and prior. The rear shelf speakers are what is typically missing. According to the seller linked above, even the later RWD models with Ryzen still have the tweeters installed, supposedly.

This is confirmed by reddit posts:

Apparently it costs Tesla less money to just include them than to create a separate dash configuration and assembly variation without them.
Thanks for this, that does explain it, wish I'd gone for the LR now and got premium audio. I guess I could fit one of those third-party adaptors that will enable them, but I'm not confident about mucking about with wiring in my new car! I don't suppose you can pay someone to do these things can you?

Upvote 0
This is the article referenced:
Audio Systems for the Model 3 and Model Y – TeslaTap

For SR+, even if you had the speakers physically, many are disabled. There are some companies that sell harnesses to reactivate them, assuming you have them and they are just software disabled. An example from a quick google.
Model 3 SR Speaker Activation
Thanks. If I could pay someone to do it, I would definitely go for one of those harnesses to enable the tweeters, but it looks like they expect you to do it yourself, and I'm really not confident enough to take my M3 apart to do that at this stage!

Upvote 0
Thanks. If I could pay someone to do it, I would definitely go for one of those harnesses to enable the tweeters, but it looks like they expect you to do it yourself, and I'm really not confident enough to take my M3 apart to do that at this stage!
ben-stiller-do-it.gif

Upvote 0