Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I try not to buy into TORINO which departed Jebel ali already lmao, stayed 5 straight days in bremerhaven before proceeding with its journey. take a look. anyhow, whats the status on your vehicle?
Torino had a bit of unloading in Jebel Ali as well but, the VCC shouldn't ideally take more than 24 hours from the ship arrival so chances are slim. Did you see your account if it has the final invoice as Tesla SMS's are usually late. Even I got that SMS that VCC is not available, must be a timed bulk SMS.

Mine should be on Taurus Leader expected 4th August. Guess, action over this coming week for me 😃

Well the bank advisor is lost dude, its just the LOI, as u said to proceed with the LPO VCC is required. I received a text yesterday stating that the vcc is not available yet.
Btw, just checked. Banks can issue the LPO once the down-payment is processed along with all the bank forms without VCC. They need the VCC for the mortgage only. Maybe, if you get the LPO done, they could schedule the delivery earlier.
Risk is that if at all they can't deliver the car due to any reason, will be hassle to cancel the loan as they only give a 5 day cooling off period to cancel.

Last edited:
I had booked my MYLR in May with expected delivery in OCT and then they changed it to Nov22-Jan23. Last week EDD was updated as 30Aug - 28Sep and now it’s changed to 20Nov- 30Dec.
Any idea why EDD keeps on changing and should I be hopeful to get it much earlier than Last EDD

Welcome to the Tesla EDD blackhole which no one has been able to figure out yet. Since placing my order in Jan for a M3-LR, I have had constant drama where it changed about 6-7 times before being assigned a car last week expected in 2 weeks.

Wait for the EDD to narrow down to a 2 week schedule and then check for the hidden VIN to confirm the allocation. You will find the link for this at TeslaUpdate | Linktree

With the current backlogs, it is highly unlikely to get your car before October, the original EDD. Usually ships carrying Tesla's to UAE comes around the last week of the first month of the quarter to the second month, so the realistic timeline would be Nov to get your car.

However, with the increased capacity and changes this quarter, it may vary a bit. Also, cancellations can bring you up as well.
my EDD is back to September again i.e. 10sep -30sep . Got the call from TA as well confirming If I am ready to go head with the order and about payment . As per him, Chasis number wil be assigned soon in 1-2 weeks time and followed by call from bank to process the loan.

Hope there no more delays or changes

I had booked my MYLR in May with expected delivery in OCT and then they changed it to Nov22-Jan23. Last week EDD was updated as 30Aug - 28Sep and now it’s changed to 20Nov- 30Dec.
Any idea why EDD keeps on changing and should I be hopeful to get it much earlier than Last EDD

Copy and pasting my earlier reply to your question.

Copy and pasting my earlier reply to your question.
Dont know why it copy pasted my previous message and thanks again for guidance

the latest update is tha my EDD is back to September again i.e. 10sep -30sep . Got the call from TA as well confirming If I am ready to go head with the order and about payment . As per him, Chasis number wil be assigned soon in 1-2 weeks time and followed by call from bank to process the loan.

Reactions: mars101
Dont know why it copy pasted my previous message and thanks again for guidance

the latest update is tha my EDD is back to September again i.e. 10sep -30sep . Got the call from TA as well confirming If I am ready to go head with the order and about payment . As per him, Chasis number wil be assigned soon in 1-2 weeks time and followed by call from bank to process the loan.

They did this check for me in May when I had a 3 week window but didn't get the car till now. However, last quarter was more challenging with the Shanghai lockdown.

Going by what the TA has informed, guessing that this means your allotment is pushed up and either can be a cancellation or on the next shipment. Still hold your excitement as from my experience with TA's and from the forums, they are quite clueless and do not much information other than standard templates they use. So, not sure how reliable is the information they have provided you. Also watch out for end of the Quarter push where they will try and dump used cars or demo cars for unreasonable prices for full cash.

I will be cautiously optimistic about getting the car till the VIN (chassis no) is allocated and then they put pressure on you for bank approvals before they again go incommunicado till the car arrives.

We have 1 confirmed with possibly another shipment due today/tomorrow at the port. If you get the lottery in the next 2-3 weeks, you are set else may be a longer wait.

Last edited:
@Kkalmehairi , checking the ships at Jebel Ali today, found Glovis Comet had arrived yesterday and she had port calls in Germany. Her schedule is below and tracing the history, she was laden before getting to Southampton. Now that it doesn't really matter which ship ours comes on as we are finally getting our cars, after spending 6 months in these forums, looking for some closure..lol

From Shanghai, Fremantle Highway docked yesterday and the main suspect, Taurus Leader is at Khalifa port now and should head to Jebel Ali later today.

For me, I have had the LPO issued and final invoice where they transferred the ownership to the bank is on available on Tesla account. Only insurance is pending to close all the paper work once the VCC is provided.

We are close 😀

Trip summary for Glovis Comet
Screenshot_2022-08-04-07-24-18-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

@Kkalmehairi , checking the ships at Jebel Ali today, found Glovis Comet had arrived yesterday and she had port calls in Germany. Her schedule is below and tracing the history, she was laden before getting to Southampton. Now that it doesn't really matter which ship ours comes on as we are finally getting our cars, after spending 6 months in these forums, looking for some closure..lol

From Shanghai, Fremantle Highway docked yesterday and the main suspect, Taurus Leader is at Khalifa port now and should head to Jebel Ali later today.

For me, I have had the LPO issued and final invoice where they transferred the ownership to the bank is on available on Tesla account. Only insurance is pending to close all the paper work once the VCC is provided.

We are close 😀

Trip summary for Glovis Comet
View attachment 836440
Fresh update for you, half of the model 3 vehicles has been unloaded so far. The other half will be unloaded friday. Regarding glovis comet i strongly suspect it but it arrived before Fremantle but oddly model 3s vcc started being distributed yesturday by 8:00pm.

Fresh update for you, half of the model 3 vehicles has been unloaded so far. The other half will be unloaded friday. Regarding glovis comet i strongly suspect it but it arrived before Fremantle but oddly model 3s vcc started being distributed yesturday by 8:00pm.
Thanks, yes, got my VCC yesterday and finished up all the requirements including the insurance. Now, just set to take delivery of the car😀

TA told me that they start Q3 deliveries only on 14th which is what I don't understand why they need more than 10 days or, I am being lied to. Mostly the latter, I guess. Tesla guys are taking it very easy in the UAE.

From your information, both Fremantle and Taurus are carrying Tesla's. However, if you didn't receive the VCC then the Comet is not the one for you and from the 14th delivery start date (if true), the ship has not reached yet.

My EST is on October 💔 i orderd my tesla in march and when i order it they say will be deilverd on Augest but now it’s changed
I am getting my Jan order now so, the wait will not be that longer. Realistically, it will be more of end of Oct or early Nov. You can always get luckier with a cancellation or more cars coming in.
Due to high backlog alot of the orders got pushed back, performance orders were prioritized.
True and also, Tesla makes more money with the Performance Models.

I am getting my Jan order now so, the wait will not be that longer. Realistically, it will be more of end of Oct or early Nov. You can always get luckier with a cancellation or more cars coming in.

True and also, Tesla makes more money with the Performance Models.
to be honest i dont think il get my car on the given date as until now vcc is not sent, its ok though couple of days delay is fine with me. I believe u are done with everything and just waiting for 16th aug.