Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 vs Google Pixel 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone using Pixel 5? If so, are there any issues using it with your model 3? Looking to buy one and checking to see that it works fine before I do so. Wanting to know if it:
-Fits fine in the console without issues?
-Wireless charges fine on a charge pad?
-Phone key works properly?
- Can hear "OK Google" voice commands well when in console?
- Any other issues

TIA

Same here...well, except my older Model 3 doesn't have wireless charging. But phone and car work great together.
The Taptes wireless charger for the Model 3 worked great with my Pixel4XL until the wireless charging broke on the Pixel. Going to get the extended warranty for the Pixel 6 when it comes out, Google seems to have a problem with building reliable QI chargers. My Nexus 5 did the same thing as the 4XL, wireless charging stopped working after a year. BTW I agree that the Pixel 5 should be skipped and that you should wait for the 6 this fall. They cheaped out on the 5 and used a weak processor. I think the reason that they did that wasn't cost, the mid range Snapdragon last year had integrated 5G but the high end Snapdragon didn't. This year they are using they are using their own processor.

Hi there. I've got a 2021 Model 3 I picked up in December 2020. My Pixel 5 along with some other test phones constantly has wireless charging issues with the OEM wireless charger. After getting onto the road, it can take 5 minutes or a few hours for the charger to no longer work for that phone. I can move it between pads and nothing. I can throw another different phone on there and that'll work for a short while but also stop charging (tested with a Samsung Galaxy S8, Pixel 3XL, iPhone X). Occasionally the see the wireless charging kick back up again, but showing an estimation of ~12 hours to charge back up to 100%.

I've brought it into a service center a few times now (so many that I feel bad about it) and have gone over with their tech what it could be. They've replaced the wireless charger but I was still able to reproduce the issue on the road. They held onto the car for a week, parked, but couldn't reproduce it. I'm appreciative that they're comfortable talking with me about the issue at the engineering level.

I'm wondering if anyone else with a 2021 Model 3 on this thread has been having similar issues?

I had a Pixel 3a when I bought my Model 3 and upgraded to the Pixel 5 so I could use the wireless charging! It works perfect and the battery life is insane!

This is the case I use. Can confirm it fits and wirelessly charges. My wife's Pixel 3 also fits and charges with the same brand case.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D64H3VS/

Thanks for the input. Can you confirm that it'll wireless charge consistently for an hour or two without charging stop?

Thanks again!