Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered LR basic Model S on November 5th. Is everyone aware that we will lose the $2500 California rebate if we don't take delivery by December 3rd? The rebate people at the Air Resources Board changed their policy on November 1st. As far as i know it ONLY affects Model S (since there are no other electric vehicles currently available that cost over $60k). I am HOPING that Tesla will take pity on California residents and prioritize Model S delivery (at least) but I have been unable to contact anyone who can influence this type of decision. (Sales rep apparently is unable to provide any corporate contact info what-so-ever).
Meanwhile, everyone should complain to their California representatives about the inadequate notice provided for the new rebate policy (One month is not adequate warning since they should know delivery is likely to take longer than that). You can find your State representative here: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.

Re: Today's Owner's Workshop the Marina Del Rey Delivery Center

Well, they put on a show with a funny guy clicking thru a presentation and giving some tips and what to expect..
They confirmed that there is gonna be loads of cars delivered in the second half of December. Yes, that's bad news for us, as I was still holding my breath for a late Nov. early Dec. delivery.
I did sidebar with a few people and they are expecting the busiest delivery season. When I asked what is going to happen with all the people going on Holiday vacation? She said she asked the same question. Deliveries will happen based on order date + trim + paperwork completion.

One specific intel I got relating to financing from Bank Of America. which I will most likely as I got pre-approved (now expired) at 3.29.
They said BOA will process the actual payment later, so I will need to get from them a final loan packet or Truth in Lending Document.

They will want to finalize all paperwork (finance / insurance) prior to delivery so they can process ppl fast.

I was able to take one of the Long Range babies out for a 30min drive. Damn, I want mine. NOOOWWW!
It was nice to play a bit with the one pedal driving and tap around on that gorgeous screen.

1 more month. feels like a lifetime.
Same here, I got pre-approved from BOA but it expired last week since I'm on week 7 of waiting. BOA called & said when ready to just re-apply. I plan on re-applying the day I get confirmation of my delivery date 7-days out. From there BOA will give me a form with a certified code stating I got approved for the loan & Tesla takes that form to process. I placed my order on Oct. 1st & was hoping for a late Nov. delivery. Still crossing fingers hoping to hear something this week.

Just got a call from Tiffany over at Costa Mesa's delivery location. She was wondering why I haven't filled out the payment portion of the order, I told her I'd fill it out within 30 days of my delivery date which I don't have yet. She told me that California will have orders fulfilled in December. Same thing we've been hearing.. Bummer but it is what it is.

• Informative
Reactions: justin.jdl
Just got a call from Tiffany over at Costa Mesa's delivery location. She was wondering why I haven't filled out the payment portion of the order, I told her I'd fill it out within 30 days of my delivery date which I don't have yet. She told me that California will have orders fulfilled in December. Same thing we've been hearing.. Bummer but it is what it is.

Well for anyone getting a loan the bank will probably want the VIN to process. And it probably isn't prudent to apply for the loan until you have the VIN and know you will be receiving within 30 days.

The payment section when you check on your account on Tesla. It's not required to be filled out yet, I'm waiting till I have a delivery date before I look for an approval on a loan.
Same here, once I get a confirmation of my delivery date 7-days out, then I'll apply for my loan through BOA. For anyone using BOA, all you need is the confirmation code that BOA approved for you, then take that to Tesla, & they handle the rest. I was also hoping for a mid to end of Nov delivery since I placed my order Oct. 1. If Dec, then it is what it is.

Same here, once I get a confirmation of my delivery date 7-days out, then I'll apply for my loan through BOA. For anyone using BOA, all you need is the confirmation code that BOA approved for you, then take that to Tesla, & they handle the rest. I was also hoping for a mid to end of Nov delivery since I placed my order Oct. 1. If Dec, then it is what it is.

Also based on my 'owners workshop' in Marina Delivery C. they said due to the high volume of people taking deliveries the delivery center will get in touch days before the delivery to make sure all paperwork is squared. They will most likely won't allow anyone near a delivery date without all paperwork in order and clear direction of what needs to be there with you.

They also told me if you want to continue to shop around for insurance you can still take delivery but only if you have your name on a current insurance, so bring proof of insurance new or old, or you may have to sign up to Tesla's or no delivery.

Reactions: Fred42
i test drove and placed my order october 19 on white/white LR FSD. i was invited to go to a new owner's workshop and attended it in buena park on november 3. i spoke with one of the delivery team to provide more info and finalize some of the paperwork.

i basically gave them all the info on my trade in. they asked how i will financed and i chose to go with tesla's bank. they approved/pre-approved? me with US Bank. i asked what if the car is not delivered after a month, what happens to my finance. he told me that since it's "tesla's" bank, they can get it sorted once i do get my car. i'm only concerned if that interest rate goes up. i doubt it will, i hope not. but they gave me 3.49% for 72 months. my last 3 cars were 0% - doubt that will be available for a while.

i keep checking almost every day... okay every day to see if i got my vin. my current insurance is with state farm. i was going to trade in my 2016 prius touring fully loaded for a limited prius prime. made more sense to get into a tesla model 3. the tesla monthly cost of ownership is about $40 more. for the prime, it would've cost me $167/month while the model 3 is $164. my commute is more than 20K miles/annually.

i left a voice mail to the buena park delivery team on november 6 regarding the payment due. at the workshop, they told me an amount that was a couple thousand more than what my account on the website said. but the website pretty much lists all the costs, just wanted to make sure which is accurate. no one has called back yet.

i gotta stop watching youtube videos, it's making my wait worse. i hope this forum will be a sanctuary for those of us waiting. the silver lining for me with this wait is i can continue to add to the down payment to get my monthly lower.

All this talk about how these SA's saying "NA production should start soon" is all BS. If you look at the spread sheet tracker, lots of people getting their VINS, starting from the east coast, south, mid west, & slowly making its way to the west coast. Anything these SA's saying I don't believe anymore. Glad we have this forum to discuss & keep track what's going on. Seems like we know more than the SA's!

All this talk about how these SA's saying "NA production should start soon" is all BS. If you look at the spread sheet tracker, lots of people getting their VINS, starting from the east coast, south, mid west, & slowly making its way to the west coast. Anything these SA's saying I don't believe anymore. Glad we have this forum to discuss & keep track what's going on. Seems like we know more than the SA's!
I totally agree. Oct CA folks are still no joy with the exception of a couple of individuals. The filter function spells it out quite clear.

They don't look like they're California bound. License plates on those look to be European templates? /sigh. I'm just looking at the order sheet and wait until the P3D VINS start populating. I'm calling my SA in 2 weeks to take off FSD if it gets too close to DEC 3, to qualify for the rebate. My productivity at work is tanking, i'm spending way too much time on these forums lol

They don't look like they're California bound. License plates on those look to be European templates? /sigh. I'm just looking at the order sheet and wait until the P3D VINS start populating. I'm calling my SA in 2 weeks to take off FSD if it gets too close to DEC 3, to qualify for the rebate. My productivity at work is tanking, i'm spending way too much time on these forums lol

I don’t see that at all. The only image that shows the rear of the cars looks like a North American plate.

If the truck was headed south on interstate 880, it’s probably heading for the Southeast.

I see mine. Stay on target! LOL

It's curious why it was heading south on I880. If it was heading to the Southeast, or even LA, I'd think they would go north to catch I580 and then to I5. If they were foreign orders, they would head north to San Francisco to load on a ship.

Maybe they are joining up with US101. It's still pretty fast and has several spots where they could easily cut over to I5. That would save going north and then suffering through the messy I238 interchange and constant traffic jams around Livermore.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t