Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - weight limit in boot storage compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to work out how much I can put in to the storage compartment under the boot floor in my Model 3. I've just checked and it doesn't feel like there's a solid base under the liner.

What's the most people have put in that storage compartment? Has anyone managed to damage the liner in the storage compartment, and hence established a weight limit for it?

Mine has always been OK, but I’ve not got that close to the actual weight limits; you should put the heaviest items under the boot floor in any case according to the manual:

1629387344028.jpeg

Reactions: twlr
130kg sounds like a lot for what is essentially boot liner holding it up!

That's because it isn't just the boot liner holding it up! It does feel like that but it has quite a thick foam layer under the liner and then the metal of the under tray. You do feel the movement but as you say 130kg is quite substantial ... when you think a single fully loaded suitcase for flying is about 20kg...

I think 130kg is a lot. I'm 6ft 4 and weigh 105kg. A sack of coal is traditionally an old imperial hundredweight which is just over 50kg. I think it would actually be quite hard to put anything weighing more than 130kg in that space.
The greater danger, in my opinion, is the 60kg limit on top of the cover!