Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 weird behavior after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Wanted to get your thoughts. After my last firmware update a day later m3 started having issues. Sentry mode errors, navi not working, ap not working, cameras not being pulled up, park assist not working. Thought that was odd so did reset but nothing. Finally made an apt and here's what they said my suggested bill will be.
Screenshot_20230925_103700_Samsung Notes.jpg

Sorry about that.

2019 Model 3 Performance. The warranty ran out on July 15th but didn't allow me to purchase an additional one.
Mileage 52259
Firmware: 2023.32.1

I work from home, so the car gets driven barely, only grocery shopping.

They tried to push the firmware update but it got stuck at 100%. I'm really hoping it's a firmware issue and that they can do a rollback instead of paying for a new motherboard.

Sorry about that.

2019 Model 3 Performance. The warranty ran out on July 15th but didn't allow me to purchase an additional one.
Mileage 52259
Firmware: 2023.32.1

I work from home, so the car gets driven barely, only grocery shopping.

They tried to push the firmware update but it got stuck at 100%. I'm really hoping it's a firmware issue and that they can do a rollback instead of paying for a new motherboard.
Thank you for that. Have you tried to work your way up the food chain-of-command at the service center? I think there should be some goodwill there but that is all discretionary and dependant on if the manager is having a good or bad day.

I have an appointment tomorrow. I will ask the manager there what's the possible cause for this. Never had an issue before like this. In the worst case if they need to replace the parts I'm going to ask them if they can at least let me purchase the extended warranty so that I can have the piece of mind for another two years and it will be much cheaper.

I have an appointment tomorrow. I will ask the manager there what's the possible cause for this. Never had an issue before like this. In the worst case if they need to replace the parts I'm going to ask them if they can at least let me purchase the extended warranty so that I can have the piece of mind for another two years and it will be much cheaper.
Hey @nhusein7 -
We at XCare understand that repairs can turn into large out-of-pocket expenses very quickly. Which is why we created XCare to keep you on the road for years to come and reducing out of pocket expenses. We offer a variety of different warranty terms and have even added our drive unit and battery protection! Payment plans also available.
More info and a quick quote- EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com

Happy Driving!
-Team XCare