Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 window tint for Las Vegas crowd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of info for So Cal, so thought I’d post for Vegas Tesla Crew..we just got tinted at Green Valley window tint in Henderson. They are one of two 3M Crystaline dealers in Las Vegas area. We had them do 40 on every window except front, front was done in 70, which is essentially clear but blocks most rays and heat. They said they have done several Model 3s already and it shows, first of all Ricky who is a bonified competitive and champion installer and member of the family who owns Green Valley Tint , does all of the Tesla installs. You will read many other posts about doing the back window as one piece and how difficult or impossible it is, but they order a extra large piece of tint for the job and it looks awesome. They kept the car overnight and price was $1740, but it is an enormous job and they did great work.
Wow 1750.....wow. Call Black Jack here in Vegas. They are familiar with Tesla vehicles. Got my Model 3 done there today. Ceramic all around and sunroof done with the larger roll. Car looks beautiful and paid about $500. Also included windshield.

Got my tint done (finally) and just in time too. Went Photosync with Ecotint. 30/35 all around and 70 on the windshield. It's only day 2 but it seems to be doing the job. Took the kid to the park and the car stayed relatively cool while we were playing.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2eb2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2eb2.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 364
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2eb3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2eb3.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: DesertLurker
Got my tint done (finally) and just in time too. Went Photosync with Ecotint. 30/35 all around and 70 on the windshield. It's only day 2 but it seems to be doing the job. Took the kid to the park and the car stayed relatively cool while we were playing.

I also went to EcoTint and did Photosync with 70 on windshield and 30 all around. But it wasn't perfect.

1. Windshield film seems to have small ridges on entire piece, causing visual distortion, like looking at a heat mirage on the road. You can largely ignore it while driving, but it's there.
  2. Bubbles in rear window film
  3. Water stains on roof lining above rear window (it's subtle, hopefully this is easy to clean out)
  4. Water stains in rear brake light area (subtle, but it's there along the bottom edge)
  5. Distortion, light reflections around wiring on back window at night (I figure this is standard for tinting this window, nothing to be done about it)
Main issue is the windshield. Is your windshield perfectly transparent and you wouldn't know there is a film there (besides the slight tint)?

I know that they said when I picked it up that there might be bubbles for a little while but should go away eventually.

The windshield looks fine. The only thing I noticed is more internal glare (I have the black seats but if I put any paper on my windshield the glare is noticeable).

Reactions: DesertLurker
I got my 3 tinted at LV Pro Tint. Went with their top of the line Rayno S9 film. I read up on particle haze issues with 3M and the price just seems like a rip off. After comparing IR rejection and TSER from 3M, Llumar, Suntek, Xpel, and so on. Rayno seems to have some of the best specs along with pricing when I called around to 6 or 7 shops.

I went with 15% all around and 50% windshield and sunroof. They also do the back window in one piece. The job was very clean with no water marks found anywhere. It was a night and day difference getting in my car on a hot sunny day. I was blown away at how much of a cooling difference some good tint can do. Never gets close to auto activating the interior cooling function now.

Everything looked good so I had them do the paint protection on my front and that came out so clean I couldn't see where they applied it unless I got right up on it. Overall they quoted me one of the best prices and gave me a nice discount since I was a repeat customer.

Mention you saw this post here and they will give you a discount also if you plan on tinting or getting PPF on your Model 3.
20200331_153452.jpg
20200331_153359.jpg

Lots of info for So Cal, so thought I’d post for Vegas Tesla Crew..we just got tinted at Green Valley window tint in Henderson. They are one of two 3M Crystaline dealers in Las Vegas area. We had them do 40 on every window except front, front was done in 70, which is essentially clear but blocks most rays and heat. They said they have done several Model 3s already and it shows, first of all Ricky who is a bonified competitive and champion installer and member of the family who owns Green Valley Tint , does all of the Tesla installs. You will read many other posts about doing the back window as one piece and how difficult or impossible it is, but they order a extra large piece of tint for the job and it looks awesome. They kept the car overnight and price was $1740, but it is an enormous job and they did great work.
May I ask how the roof tint looked? Was there a seam or did it completely fill in so you can’t tell it was tinted.??

Did you get the roof tinted with the crystalline? Was it one complete one piece and can’t see the seams at the ends? This is for the model y roof.