Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 windshield wipers vs Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the opportunity to drive a model 3 twice now. Today on my way up to the service center it was raining and my wipers were super noisy (and they're almost brand new).

Then I get into this dingy Model 3 service loaner and drive home. The wiper blades are absolutely silent. It was night and day. After being in my car for an hour then the model 3 for an hour it's really disappointing.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get decently quiet wiper performance in a model S yet?

My 2020 wipers clack clack at the limits of their travel, but they do work well. I think the difference in the spray pattern washer mounted on the wiper and the stream fix-mounted on the hood is that the stream is part of the winter package and heated, whereas the spray mounted on the wiper is not heated.

On my car, the blades are fine and are not squeaky. The mechanism is very "loose" sounding like on a very old pickup truck. Loudest wipers of any vehicle I have ever owned. It clacks at the end of the wiper travel as it changes direction at the limits of it's travel. The blades are very quiet as they drag across the windshield surface. I am waiting for Tesla's laser wipers.

On my car, the blades are fine and are not squeaky. The mechanism is very "loose" sounding like on a very old pickup truck. Loudest wipers of any vehicle I have ever owned. It clacks at the end of the wiper travel as it changes direction at the limits of it's travel. The blades are very quiet as they drag across the windshield surface. I am waiting for Tesla's laser wipers.
Sounds like something that shouldn't be loose. I'd take it in for service.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Simple, just buy a new one. :) I was looking at my friends Plaid, and it has much better wipers than my current Model S. It even integrates the washers into the wiper arms.
I wish!! And from what I've read it seems like the sucky wiper problem still exists on the new Model S/X's. I'd have to get a Y. Maybe a LR or Performance... Some day....

Last edited: