Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3/Y Yoke Style Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel [hansshow]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pissed because when I ordered it a few weeks ago they didn't have the option for no side carbon. They made you choose either matte or glossy. They are also 25% off for the time being 😑
Ah yes, that was my initial notion as well - why did they insist on offering that extra sliver of carbon detail on the sides? I want as much of an OEM look (albeit it being a yoke) as possible...

But I kept checking the webshop and kept emailing their sales team until there was something that pushed me over the fence to take the plunge, and the option to not include that side carbon - and the 25% off coupon code from the sales team yesterday - helped tremendously (esp in convincing the wife).

Reactions: Durzel
I contacted Hansshow and inquired about a heated steering wheel for my '21 M3P. being in Chicago, I'd like to keep the heated wheel option.

They worked out the details, created an invoice and are making me a Trapezoidal Yoke wheel, heated. I specified White Nappa Leather w/black stitching, matte carbon trim in the center, no carbon on the sides. They said I could switch over my '21 metal wheel control units and trim piece (which is good because I previously wrapped my trim piece in white) when I get the unit.

They said to allow 20 days for it to be made and then they will ship it Fedex, so now the waiting begins. I'll report back here impressions of driving and some photos after it is installed. I strongly suggest anyone who wants a heated option contact them via WhatsApp/Messenger (I used the latter), as they said if you just place a note on an online order there tends to be confusion/it gets missed in production.

I am sort of surprised they don't seem to want the OEM core back. If they don't and I like the new wheel I will probably toss the OEM wheel, control buttons, and trim piece on eBay to offset some of the costs as those OEM pieces are fetching a pretty cool dollar.

I contacted Hansshow and inquired about a heated steering wheel for my '21 M3P. being in Chicago, I'd like to keep the heated wheel option.

They worked out the details, created an invoice and are making me a Trapezoidal Yoke wheel, heated. I specified White Nappa Leather w/black stitching, matte carbon trim in the center, no carbon on the sides. They said I could switch over my '21 metal wheel control units and trim piece (which is good because I previously wrapped my trim piece in white) when I get the unit.

They said to allow 20 days for it to be made and then they will ship it Fedex, so now the waiting begins. I'll report back here impressions of driving and some photos after it is installed. I strongly suggest anyone who wants a heated option contact them via WhatsApp/Messenger (I used the latter), as they said if you just place a note on an online order there tends to be confusion/it gets missed in production.

I am sort of surprised they don't seem to want the OEM core back. If they don't and I like the new wheel I will probably toss the OEM wheel, control buttons, and trim piece on eBay to offset some of the costs as those OEM pieces are fetching a pretty cool dollar.
I'm assuming you have white interior? I'm contemplating getting the yoke wheel with the white Napa leather but I'm concerned it won't match the seats and the rest of the interior. I'll wait for you to confirm before I proceed :)

I'm assuming you have white interior? I'm contemplating getting the yoke wheel with the white Napa leather but I'm concerned it won't match the seats and the rest of the interior. I'll wait for you to confirm before I proceed :)
Yep I have a really white interior ;) Actually the armrest is white now since thes pictures, as are all the door/window switches. I'm not loosing sleep over matching the interior white's myself. Photos never really capture the differences in white's well - these show the seats to be a different shade, but in person they are not. Whit on the interior is just white in my experience - the exterior pearl whites a different story (hard to match).

All Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg

All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

Yep I have a really white interior ;) Actually the armrest is white now since thes pictures, as are all the door/window switches. I'm not loosing sleep over matching the interior white's myself. Photos never really capture the differences in white's well - these show the seats to be a different shade, but in person they are not. Whit on the interior is just white in my experience - the exterior pearl whites a different story (hard to match).

View attachment 682974
View attachment 682975
Yup...that's a really white interior :D

I don't expect the steering wheel to be a perfect match of course. I also have the white arm rest cover and it's not a perfect match to the interior but close enough.

Do you have a white cap on your dashboard panel? I was thinking about getting one. How is the match on that one?

I emailed them as well, and here's what they said earlier today:

"Almost finish prodution just making the complete one,please wait my updated"

Sounds to me like they're producing in batches, so I hope that the next batch will include yours and mine. :)

Reactions: Dondula
Just stumbled across this one, too - if Unplugged Performance would make a mimic of the Model S yoke, that would be even better.

That looks great, but I do see the car started to complain about lack of force on the yoke at the end of the video. Hopefully Hansshow builds their yokes with a few pounds of counterweight on one side to counter the nag. The clip on magnets from Alibaba still work perfectly to enable hands free autopilot on the m3 with the latest update, but a hidden and non-removable counterweight would be even better.

That looks great, but I do see the car started to complain about lack of force on the yoke at the end of the video. Hopefully Hansshow builds their yokes with a few pounds of counterweight on one side to counter the nag. The clip on magnets from Alibaba still work perfectly to enable hands free autopilot on the m3 with the latest update, but a hidden and non-removable counterweight would be even better.
I don't think the hanshow wheels have weights - I think they would have mentioned it, but it is good (if not wishful) thinking. I' am hoping that as FSD improves, in the future Tesla stops using the wheel force, and instead in cabin camera to have a better and more accurate idea of driver attentiveness.

I write them every week to ask for an update, and the only response I get is, this is a custom made product, need more time. They won't give me any sort of estimate which is what erks me. If they originally said 4-6 weeks I woulda understood. But I was originally quoted 10 days and now it's week 5 with no update.

which clip on magnet do you speak of?

I write them every week to ask for an update, and the only response I get is, this is a custom made product, need more time. They won't give me any sort of estimate which is what erks me. If they originally said 4-6 weeks I woulda understood. But I was originally quoted 10 days and now it's week 5 with no update.
which clip on magnet do you speak of?
There are a ton of em for the OEM wheel - search on amazon for "Tesla steering booster" or the like. From what I heard it started with someone jamming an orange in the wheel LOL.

Well then say so, rather than play ignorant. There are tons of reviews online.

Here is my review of the most common one. I bought one. Cheap piece of garbage. The magnets were way too weak. First time I spun the wheel it flew off on its own. I returned it the day after I got it and never tried again.
Wasn’t being ignorant. I was just requesting a link to the one mentioned, since there are so many out there. Regardless thank you for your review.