Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3/Y Yoke Style Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel [hansshow]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering getting a yoke for my M3

I'm asking those that have purchased. Why such a difference in price between to companies???

Aroham's yoke cost around $500
Hansshow's between $999-$1340

Is Hansshow's that much better?????
Hansshow claims they use "superior materials" with nappa leather options and have a higher build quality, but I think it's all the same crap. I have the Hansshow one and although I feel it's pretty good I couldn't tell you what makes it better than the others. They do include some carbon fiber but not enough to justify the added cost. They have more of a retail presence and do more mainstream advertising, so maybe it's a higher markup for people that want to buy through a dedicated site and not search on AliExpress. Just my thoughts.

Hansshow claims they use "superior materials" with nappa leather options and have a higher build quality, but I think it's all the same crap. I have the Hansshow one and although I feel it's pretty good I couldn't tell you what makes it better than the others. They do include some carbon fiber but not enough to justify the added cost. They have more of a retail presence and do more mainstream advertising, so maybe it's a higher markup for people that want to buy through a dedicated site and not search on AliExpress. Just my thoughts.

Dondula

Thank you for the information. You have helped

Reactions: .Slug and Dondula
I think your thoughts is very correct. Their cost is not the steering wheel, but the mainstream advertising.

Reactions: Dondula
I received my heated, white yoke from Hansshow and installed it no problem. Transferred my existing metal wheel controls over no problem. I like it, it is high quality and feels OEM to me. It takes just a few minutes to get used to driving with it, and the change in visibility is pretty huge. Looks like they have the heated yoke figured out.

Library - 1 of 3.jpeg

Library - 2 of 3.jpeg

Library - 3 of 3.jpeg

I received my heated, white yoke from Hansshow and installed it no problem. Transferred my existing metal wheel controls over no problem. I like it, it is high quality and feels OEM to me. It takes just a few minutes to get used to driving with it, and the change in visibility is pretty huge. Looks like they have the heated yoke figured out.

View attachment 711790

View attachment 711791

View attachment 711792

Nice! Now, vacuum up all that dirt/debris off the floor mats to complete your clean look/set-up! ;)

@imschur: That yoke looks super nice and clean.

How do you feel about the rather large bottom part when making tighter turns? I felt as if I had to reach higher than I should have, which was one reason for me to uninstall the yoke and return to the OEM wheel (for now).

@imschur: That yoke looks super nice and clean.

How do you feel about the rather large bottom part when making tighter turns? I felt as if I had to reach higher than I should have, which was one reason for me to uninstall the yoke and return to the OEM wheel (for now).
Feels fine to me - I don't notice any issues - I rather like the large portion to rest my hand(s) on when I'm driving on autopilot.

View attachment 711790

View attachment 711791

View attachment 711792

way too much white. makes me want to puke. colors don't even match up, the armrest is glossy and everything else isn't.

View attachment 711790

View attachment 711791

View attachment 711792
Looks nice, I'm so pissed I waited for 2.5 months for them to figure out the heated wheel, then they finally get it 10 days after they send me one without heat.

• Disagree
Reactions: imschur
the change in visibility is pretty huge.

Yes the visibility of the dash I guess

I have a hard time reconciling those statements.

Given that a yoke is demonstrably less effective of a steering instrument as a normal wheel, it is very hard for me to understand why one would elect to make this change for something as minor as increased visibility of the dash and just a general preference for minimalism.

Reactions: drdumont

Given that a yoke is demonstrably less effective of a steering instrument as a normal wheel, it is very hard for me to understand why one would elect to make this change for something as minor as increased visibility of the dash and just a general preference for minimalism.
I think for most of us it's also a personal preference of aesthetic, I just really like how it looks in the car. I'm actually used to the yoke now and haven't had any issues using it for day to day driving. It was weird at first, but so was driving a Tesla in general. Had to relearn some things about driving.

OK, then don't try to understand it, I don't care. Looking at your post history you a yoke h8tr extraordinaire. Don't know why you feel the need to troll all kinds of threads reaffirming that choice, but to each his own I always say.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc and Dondula