Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 21" wheel price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both gray and chrome 21" wheels are $6500 on the Model S Accessories page. Not sure if this is new or not. Haven't tried configuring...
Sheesh, that's just crazy. I don't even like having 21" rims all that much, too easy to curb them and the tires are expensive and short lived. The grey 21s happened to look nice and came "free" back when I got my Perf, but I wouldn't pay $6500 for them. Hell, I wouldn't have paid $3500.

They're still $4500 during configuration, but not sure if that's intentional or page has not been updated yet. Like I said, I don't know if the increase to $6500 under Accessories in new or not.

They changed that a few weeks ago. That's if you buy after initial order--they are $4500 with car purchase. Smart, make people buy now and not after the fact. They are worth every cent--make the S pop big time.

They're still $4500 during configuration, but not sure if that's intentional or page has not been updated yet. Like I said, I don't know if the increase to $6500 under Accessories in new or not.
The $2k difference is presumably the discount you're getting for not taking the stock 19" wheels. So you can upgrade for $4500, but if you want both the 19"s and the 21"s it'll cost you $6500.

You won't be able to sell the 19"s for $2k, so yes, upgrade when ordering if you want them.