Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Model S' started by Raza-Khan, Jul 22, 2018.
I take your word but I needed a proof that it is done elsewhere. Muzzman1 posted his so I will talk to my service folks here. I wont show Muzzman document unless Tesla folks simply refuse that they made a mistake and tell me again that Tesla does not do it.
Thank you so much!
What is DU service? Was that done? I sent an email to my Tesla service folks with regards to the coolant replacement. Let us see what they say now. Hopefully, they will resolve this. I am still somewhat bummed all about it.
Drive unit fluid exchange. Previously listed as being done in Year 1 or 12,500 miles. (And then wrapped around to Year 5 62,500, etc.)
Ah.... I had not seen that on service list either on mine or prior.
Here are a couple of interesting threads on DU fluid...
Drive unit fluid replacement not part of annual service anymore?
Did drive unit fluid change today
Regarding brakes and Pano: They were done although they were only hand written by the tech on Tesla's notes. I did not get a copy. I asked for the copy of the alignment and they did provide that.
another question to add... if you don't use all 4 prepurchased service agreements, can you get a refund?
Just a little epiphany I had recently -- if you don't really think the scheduled service visits are helpful, but you are REQUIRED to do them to keep from voiding the ESA -- maybe you only need to do the first three, since the fourth one is due at the end of the ESA anyway.
Who cares if they void it as it expires?
"Battery coolant replacement Every 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever comes first"
Wow. This changed over the last week or so.
I have that page bookmarked and checked it prior to bringing my car in.
They did the same sort of thing for DU fluid replacement a yr or two ago as well.
This was from last week :
I wonder if they will adjust the cost accordingly?
Just had my 4th annual service completed today and battery coolant was replaced...
Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service
- Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No Active faults
- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version
- Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and
lubricated latches. Good, no issue
- Tested and inspected charging with shop's cable.
Key Fob Battery
Cabin Air Filter
Replaced HEPA filter (if equipped) A/C Desiccant Filter and charge A/C System
Changed Brake Fluid
- Torque Steering Gear Bolts: Good, no issue
- Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue
- Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue
- Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue
- Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues.
- Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs
- Inspected tires and rotated as necessary
- Measured tire tread depth
- Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec:
45psi Front, 45psi Rear
- Measured brake pad thickness (mm)
- Performed 4 wheel alignment and adjusted as necessary
- Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed
I just had my 4 years service done and they did not change out the battery coolant.
Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service
- Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No active faults. - Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version available. - Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and lubricated latches. Good, no issue. - Tested and inspected customer¶s charge cable: Good, no issue. Vehicle charged normally @40amps. - Replaced: - Wiper Blades - Key Fob Battery - Cabin Air Filter - Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue - Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue - Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue - Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues. - Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs of leakage. - Inspected tires and rotated as necessary. - Measured tire tread depth at: (Outer) (Center) (Inner) LF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 LR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 - Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec. - Performed 4-wheel alignment - Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed
They did replaced almost the entire drivetrain to fix the milling sound in the drive unit.
Concern: My drive unit starting making a whining/grinding sound recently. It is very annoying between 0-30 mph under any acceleration.
Pay Type: Warranty
Corrections: Exterior NVH General Diagnosis
Tech test drove the vehicle and recommended the rear drive unit be replaced due to the noise present. While performing a visual inspection the tech recommended replacement of the rear axles and wheel bearings.
Corrections: Drive Unit - Rear - Large
Replaced rear drive unit assembly. Filled drive unit assembly with Tesla recommended fluid. Installed unit in vehicle and updated vehicle firmware. Confirmed all hardware was torqued to value specified in the Tesla service manual. Performed a coolant air purge and confirmed coolant was a nominal level. Performed a 4 wheel alignment. Test drove vehicle and confirmed vehicle drives as designed with no alerts present.
HIGH VOLTAGE INVERTER ENCLOSURE COVER O-RING (1003784-00-A)
SIDE MOTOR MOUNT ASSEMBLY (1028034 -00-B)
212-B ATF (1031106-00-A) 2
Parts Replaced or Added
Corrections: Rear Axle / Hub Bearing Assy - 2
Replaced both rear half-shaft axles and wheel bearing hub assemblies. Torqued the rear suspension components to manufacture specifications.
REAR HALFSHAFT 36 MM, PERFORMANCE (1007719-01-B)
NUT HF M24x1.5 [8.8] ZnFl-W (1020297-00A)
WASHER SAFETY M24x39 (1020296-00-B) 2
RR SUSP HUB AND BEARING ASSY PERFORMANCE (1027170-00-A)