TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S - 4 year scheduled maintenace

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Raza-Khan, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Raza-Khan

Raza-Khan Member

Agreed!

2. Raza-Khan

Raza-Khan Member

I take your word but I needed a proof that it is done elsewhere. Muzzman1 posted his so I will talk to my service folks here. I wont show Muzzman document unless Tesla folks simply refuse that they made a mistake and tell me again that Tesla does not do it.

3. Raza-Khan

Raza-Khan Member

Thank you so much!

4. Raza-Khan

Raza-Khan Member

What is DU service? Was that done? I sent an email to my Tesla service folks with regards to the coolant replacement. Let us see what they say now. Hopefully, they will resolve this. I am still somewhat bummed all about it.

5. mambro

mambro Supporting Member

Drive unit fluid exchange. Previously listed as being done in Year 1 or 12,500 miles. (And then wrapped around to Year 5 62,500, etc.)

6. Raza-Khan

Raza-Khan Member

Ah.... I had not seen that on service list either on mine or prior.

7. mambro

mambro Supporting Member

8. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

No Problem,
    Regarding brakes and Pano: They were done although they were only hand written by the tech on Tesla's notes. I did not get a copy. I asked for the copy of the alignment and they did provide that.

9. usa9910

usa9910 Member

another question to add... if you don't use all 4 prepurchased service agreements, can you get a refund?

10. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Just a little epiphany I had recently -- if you don't really think the scheduled service visits are helpful, but you are REQUIRED to do them to keep from voiding the ESA -- maybe you only need to do the first three, since the fourth one is due at the end of the ESA anyway.

Who cares if they void it as it expires?

11. st50maint

st50maint Member

"Battery coolant replacement Every 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever comes first"
    Quoted from:
    Tesla

12. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Wow. This changed over the last week or so.
    I have that page bookmarked and checked it prior to bringing my car in.
    They did the same sort of thing for DU fluid replacement a yr or two ago as well.

13. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

This was from last week :

I wonder if they will adjust the cost accordingly?
    Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.05.37 AM.png

14. Atlantan

Atlantan Inactive Member

Just had my 4th annual service completed today and battery coolant was replaced...

Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service

- Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No Active faults

- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version

- Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and

lubricated latches. Good, no issue

- Tested and inspected charging with shop's cable.

- Replaced:

Wiper Blades

Key Fob Battery

Cabin Air Filter

Replaced HEPA filter (if equipped) A/C Desiccant Filter and charge A/C System

Changed Brake Fluid

Battery Coolant

- Torque Steering Gear Bolts: Good, no issue

- Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue

- Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue

- Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue

- Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues.

- Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs

of leakage

- Inspected tires and rotated as necessary

- Measured tire tread depth

- Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec:

45psi Front, 45psi Rear

- Measured brake pad thickness (mm)

- Performed 4 wheel alignment and adjusted as necessary

- Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed

15. Bobasaurus

Bobasaurus Member

I just had my 4 years service done and they did not change out the battery coolant.

Corrections: 4 Year/50000 Mile/80000 km Service
    - Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No active faults. - Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version available. - Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and lubricated latches. Good, no issue. - Tested and inspected customer¶s charge cable: Good, no issue. Vehicle charged normally @40amps. - Replaced: - Wiper Blades - Key Fob Battery - Cabin Air Filter - Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue - Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue - Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue - Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues. - Checked fluid levels: Topped off washer fluid. Brake and coolant levels optimal. No signs of leakage. - Inspected tires and rotated as necessary. - Measured tire tread depth at: (Outer) (Center) (Inner) LF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RF: 9/32 9/32 9/32 LR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 - Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec. - Performed 4-wheel alignment - Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed

They did replaced almost the entire drivetrain to fix the milling sound in the drive unit.

Concern: My drive unit starting making a whining/grinding sound recently. It is very annoying between 0-30 mph under any acceleration.
    Pay Type: Warranty
    Corrections: Exterior NVH General Diagnosis
    Tech test drove the vehicle and recommended the rear drive unit be replaced due to the noise present. While performing a visual inspection the tech recommended replacement of the rear axles and wheel bearings.
    Corrections: Drive Unit - Rear - Large
    Replaced rear drive unit assembly. Filled drive unit assembly with Tesla recommended fluid. Installed unit in vehicle and updated vehicle firmware. Confirmed all hardware was torqued to value specified in the Tesla service manual. Performed a coolant air purge and confirmed coolant was a nominal level. Performed a 4 wheel alignment. Test drove vehicle and confirmed vehicle drives as designed with no alerts present.
    Part Quantity
    ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLSX,SPORT,CMC,HS (1025598-00-P)
    HIGH VOLTAGE INVERTER ENCLOSURE COVER O-RING (1003784-00-A)
    SIDE MOTOR MOUNT ASSEMBLY (1028034 -00-B)
    212-B ATF (1031106-00-A) 2
    Parts Replaced or Added
    Corrections: Rear Axle / Hub Bearing Assy - 2
    Replaced both rear half-shaft axles and wheel bearing hub assemblies. Torqued the rear suspension components to manufacture specifications.
    Part Quantity
    REAR HALFSHAFT 36 MM, PERFORMANCE (1007719-01-B)
    NUT HF M24x1.5 [8.8] ZnFl-W (1020297-00A)
    WASHER SAFETY M24x39 (1020296-00-B) 2
    RR SUSP HUB AND BEARING ASSY PERFORMANCE (1027170-00-A)

• Informative x 1