Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 60 vs Model S 85 vs Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I’m looking to buy an used Tesla somewhere this months. At the moment I have 3 options, but im really struggling to decide the best choice.
- Model S 60 (2014 with 100.000km)
- Model S 85 (2013 with 200.000km)
- Model 3 base (2019 with 40.000km)

I would really appreciate some pros and cons on these. I have no clue on realistic mileage on these cars or expected maintenance, i see some with 500.000km driven. We have one kid, so room would be a valid point too, though the model 3 seems like enough room too.

Hi!

I’m looking to buy an used Tesla somewhere this months. At the moment I have 3 options, but im really struggling to decide the best choice.
- Model S 60 (2014 with 100.000km)
- Model S 85 (2013 with 200.000km)
- Model 3 base (2019 with 40.000km)

I would really appreciate some pros and cons on these. I have no clue on realistic mileage on these cars or expected maintenance, i see some with 500.000km driven. We have one kid, so room would be a valid point too, though the model 3 seems like enough room too.

Hey Littlenut, just want to throw in my 2 cents. I feel like you have to choose what driving style fits you. Do the 60 and 85 Model S have free super charging?

the 2014 S60, will give you i believe AP, but comes with a very small battery. I have a 2013 MODEL S 85p, and my battery has not decreased much. I bought it in 2019, my full charge currently is around 235. 90% is around 211 but comes with free super charging.

the 2019 Model 3, you will have AP, a larger battery most likely, and compared to the Model S, i feel like its more of a Tech Driver. the S to me is more of a sporty Sedan, so feels heavier and suspension is sportier to me than the Model 3. Model 3 feels lighter when driving daily.

Upvote 0
Hey Littlenut, just want to throw in my 2 cents. I feel like you have to choose what driving style fits you. Do the 60 and 85 Model S have free super charging?

the 2014 S60, will give you i believe AP, but comes with a very small battery. I have a 2013 MODEL S 85p, and my battery has not decreased much. I bought it in 2019, my full charge currently is around 235. 90% is around 211 but comes with free super charging.

the 2019 Model 3, you will have AP, a larger battery most likely, and compared to the Model S, i feel like its more of a Tech Driver. the S to me is more of a sporty Sedan, so feels heavier and suspension is sportier to me than the Model 3. Model 3 feels lighter when driving daily.
I feel like the Model S would definitely match better with my lifestyle. I currently drive an BWM 3-touring and would probably miss a lot of space with the Model 3. However, the Model 3 still has warranty on it, until 2026 or 150.000km i believe? I'm worried that a Model S will show some issues sooner or later and I will have to suffer the costs. So far I found multiple issues with <2015 models, but sadly a post-facelift Model S is just to expensive.

Upvote 0
I feel like the Model S would definitely match better with my lifestyle. I currently drive an BWM 3-touring and would probably miss a lot of space with the Model 3. However, the Model 3 still has warranty on it, until 2026 or 150.000km i believe? I'm worried that a Model S will show some issues sooner or later and I will have to suffer the costs. So far I found multiple issues with <2015 models, but sadly a post-facelift Model S is just to expensive.

Yea if definitely agree with you, going from a BMW 3-touring what will match that drive style is the model s. Honestly having the warranty will go far, giving you almost 4 more years of bumper to bumper warranty and battery as well. Model 3 is still a great car, great features, and still quick. 2013 right after warranty so far has one issue which i believe is the wheel bearing. Have you driven both vehicles?

Upvote 0