Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75 Loaner Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh ok I get it, so my 3 is a 75 kWh battery but because of the weight and motor I get more range.
In addition to those differences, the Model 3 has considerably less aerodynamic drag — both a lower drag coefficient and smaller frontal area. This makes it more efficient at highway speeds and some of that is reflected in the EPA mileage used to rate range.

From what I've read a Model 3 tends to have a rated efficiency of about 240 Wh/mile. My Model S60 is about 300 Wh/mile, although some Model S versions are a bit better. That's a big difference when it comes to how much range one can get out of the same charge (energy, kWh) under the same driving conditions.

FWIW.

• Informative
Reactions: BobAbooey
The cells in Model 3 are a different size than in Model S and Model X, which have cells known as “18 650” (18mm in diameter and 65mm long), while Model 3 has larger cells called “21 70” (21mm in diameter and 70mm long)”.
Tesla Model 3: Exclusive first look at Tesla’s new battery pack architecture

i dont think that really matters... unless you want to account for the weight differences both packs have.

a 75kwh battery from A will hold the same charge as a 75kwh battery from B.

Its the rate of discharge that the battery undergoes which determines range, which then you need to look at motor + mass, which are the 2 largest variables.

The M and X even have range differences all because the X is a more heavier car, despite having the same motor and batery.