Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85 - 2013 - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ingineer

Electrical Engineer
Aug 8, 2012
Model S 85 - 2013

This car is for sale on Ebay, please vist there for more pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191813868627

Awesome Tesla Model S 85!

I originally bought this car for my wife as a project because it was the only way we could easily afford to get her a Tesla (her favorite car). It had one owner before us where it was involved in a flood, so I used parts from a donor car (totaled in a front collision) to make it purr again! I'm an accomplished Electrical Engineer, and a perfectionist, so I put this car back together with loving care because it was for the love of my life! She's now in another Tesla I restored, a 60 in Pearl White. (which is her favorite color!) She doesn't need the range of the 85 and likes the color of the 60 better, so so this one is looking for a new home where it will be cherished as much as she did. I've been a long time Electric Vehicle fan and activist, have even built my own EVs. My day job is coming up with ways to help others enjoy their electric vehicles! (Google "Electric True Believers" to see the article the New York Times did on me 5 years ago.)

Has a new drive unit installed by Tesla with only several thousand miles on it now. Tires were also replaced at around that time. Drives smooth and quiet, as you'd expect from a Model S. Battery is in excellent shape with reported 219 amp-hour capacity (see picture of diagnostic screen). *I am so confident in the condition of this car that I will offer the buyer a powertrain warranty for 3 months (90 days) from date of purchase. If anything prevents the car from driving, I will repair it at my cost, provided you drop off and pick-up the car at my Berkeley location. I will also be happy to assist in the future should you ever need anything for the car. (I know these cars inside and out and can diagnose them just like Tesla technicians can.) How many people selling you a used car will do this for you?!? You can also take it to your local Tesla service center for maintenance and parts. (Proof of ownership transfer required by Tesla.) Since this car was not in an accident, and has never had an airbag deploy, it is not "blacklisted". Feel free to call Tesla, the VIN is listed above.

3G Internet access, Navigation with Google Maps, Voice Activation, Streaming Radio, Homelink, Remote Access, Keyless Entry, Latest Software (2.10.71).

If you have children, I can re-install the original 3rd row rear-facing child seats for $500. I removed these for extra storage in the trunk because we don't have children.

Car is located in Berkeley, CA and I welcome people to come for an inspection and test-drive. Contact me to arrange for an appointment.

I'm also happy to talk about Teslas anytime!

Note: I reserve the right to end this auction early, as car is listed for sale in multiple locations. As-is, where-is except for my powertrain warranty provision (details above).

-Phil

List Date: 2/26/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Model S 85 - 2013
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
a58e3f2b-078d-4202-93a9-89774ff7b001.jpg

Last edited:
Does this one come pre-rooted? :wink: Seriously, this looks like an awesome deal and even though it doesn't come with Tesla's warranty I would totally consider this if I needed another Tesla given that you can pretty much repair any issue that comes up.

Side favor: I notice this is an S85. What's the passive cooling target listed on the thermal screen with range mode off?

No, it's up to $30,200 on Ebay. (It started at $25k) Clearly I'm not going to sell if for $25k, I've got more than that in it.

Please see Ebay (link above) if you want to bid on it. There is no reserve.