TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S and AirPods Bluetooth Garbled Bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Model S' started by aceven24, May 15, 2018.

1. aceven24

aceven24 Member

I have a 2016 AP1 Model S running on 2018.14.2 a8809e, an iPhone X and AirPods. This has been a problem with every version of the software, I'm just quoting the version so people don't ask.

If I have my AirPods in the car and in the AirPod charging case. If I initiate or take a call via Bluetooth via the Model S everyone reports my voice is crackly or garbled. I have to switch to my phone or my phones speaker. Note, I did try using the AirPods while driving as test and I there was no issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

Yes and as long as I turn Bluetooth off and then back on on my iPhone X I’m good for that drive. I have to do the BT off/on before each drive not to have the problem when I make a call in the car.

3. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

I should also say that I only have to do this each time if I have used my AirPods between drives.

4. aceven24

aceven24 Member

Thanks for the troubleshooting tips, sounds like maybe this is more of an Apple issue than a Tesla issue, but I can't imagine that something like this would be across other vehicles..

5. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Do you happen to have the Tile app and Tile devices? They absolutely kill the phone Bluetooth functions

6. aceven24

aceven24 Member

I do have the app and a tile.. which is on the keychain of a missing keyfob and I assume is dead because I can't find it. I'll try killing the Tile app and let you guys know!

7. Sumitkn

Sumitkn New Member

I have had this issue for a while - wound up isolating it to the tile app - Bluetooth with the phone works sporadically until I delete the tile app. Works 100% for many months until I download the tile app to find something - instantly stops working while app is installed, instantly starts working 100% as soon as I delete the tile all

So .. which end does the problem lie at?

• Helpful x 1
  8. trm2

trm2 Member

2017 S with .28 software, iPhone X and AirPods. No issues (also no time app)