Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and X price and option changes in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my 75DMX in September it was like 13k more for the 100D now the long range on their site is only about 3/4K more than I paid :(

I'm not too fussed about the long range battery as I don't need it, but I would have stumped up the cash for a P model at the new price level! At least there's a good chance my next car will be cheaper or faster or both! Up until this price drop they were actually looking very expensive with the finance rates climbing, slightly lower govt grant and no referral goodies.

Imagine how you would feel today if you had just taken delivery of a new P100D in the last week or two!!? I fear a backlash of Tesla hate coming shortly from recent buyers and I can fully sympathise.

Totally agree... all in all I’m not really at too much of a loss as I got the full EV grant and I also secured my rate at 2% and I think it’s closer to 5% now. So even if I did buy the same thing today I’d be paying more for it.

I don’t need the bigger battery either but I’d have gotten it at that difference.

At the end of the day though, I love my car I’m happy with what I paid for it and in a couple years I’ll be onto my next one so it’s no great shame but as you say I’d be pissing stones if I’d just got a Performance and like you say I’m sure there will be plenty of kickoffs.

Reactions: Asterix187
I would've gone for the P model instead of the 75D but then that's the way Elon works i.e you never know what he will do the next moment! Anyway I'm really happy to see the new prices and hope they won't increase when it's time for me to hand in my 75D in a few years. By then hardware 3.0 or above will be there as well so good times all in all.

Totally agree... all in all I’m not really at too much of a loss as I got the full EV grant and I also secured my rate at 2% and I think it’s closer to 5% now. So even if I did buy the same thing today I’d be paying more for it.

I don’t need the bigger battery either but I’d have gotten it at that difference.

At the end of the day though, I love my car I’m happy with what I paid for it and in a couple years I’ll be onto my next one so it’s no great shame but as you say I’d be pissing stones if I’d just got a Performance and like you say I’m sure there will be plenty of kickoffs.
I have been thinking about this also. I got 1% rate, unlimited supercharging and have an Aug 2017 build so AP2.5. I also have the carbon effect inlays, metallic black and PUP with premium leather. It would be nice to be a P but the 4.2s is just about fast enough and it does what I need it to do so happy overall.

I have been thinking about this also. I got 1% rate, unlimited supercharging and have an Aug 2017 build so AP2.5. I also have the carbon effect inlays, metallic black and PUP with premium leather. It would be nice to be a P but the 4.2s is just about fast enough and it does what I need it to do so happy overall.

I much prefer the carbon effect trim too and got finance at 1.5% and all the other goodies on offer at the time, exactly a year ago. If I bought one today I would stretch to the P model, but then I would be paying quite a lot more on monthly PCP for performance I don't really need. So probably better that way! Bodes well for the future though.

Just priced my car up (MX 75D white, 7-seater, PUP, Premium interior, EAP) and today it would be £95k vs the £88k I paid a year ago, although that £7k does include the larger 100 kWh battery and FSD (although EAP in my car includes all the current FSD features anyway). But the finance rate is now 5.4% vs 1.5%, so the monthly cost would be £1078 vs £783 that I pay. So I'm £295 better off per month and don't need the bigger battery. So I'm happy with that deal. However, the P model at just over £100k would have been very tempting indeed! At the previous price I never considered it for a second.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asterix187
Would this mean a P100D is now 95k for the sake of BIK?
The BIK is the list price of the car when the car is first registered. Normally that's the same as the invoice price but occasionally if there is a price change up or down that is what the BIK should be based on. On this occasion if someone had paid £130k but by the time the car is registered the list price is £95k then I’d argue (not an accountant) the BIK is on the £95k.

Here’s a link to the HMRC Bible

EIM24105 - Employment Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK

was just in the process of selling mine to raise some funds.
just lost iro £25K overnight.

F*uck Tesla.

Bunch of utter imbeciles if they think this is the way to treat their customers.

Harsh I know. Uncertain residuals was one of the main reasons I bought my Tesla on PCP with a GMFV. Normally I avoid car finance, but I thought 1.5% was a a good hedge against heavy depreciation. To be fair they've held their value surprisingly well until now, but this is a massive kick in the balls for current "P" model owners. But I did always think the P models were grossly over-priced and most likely to suffer heavy losses. At least now I'd be very tempted to buy one next time around.

I wonder if the price drop is temporary until CCS-equipped cars with new interiors come out.

Yes, that's definitely my take. Tesla have been sitting on profit on these cars with no competition. They have steadily increased price over the last couple of years to maximise that (although might be due to falling £, I haven't compared other countries, so welcome any other views :) )

iPace is here ... Porsche is coming - Sneak-preview after yet-another-concept and pleas to "keep waiting" ... eTron was delivered DOA. Some will buy Brand, Service or Build quality of course, but Tesla cheaper price will shift some/many? buyers and must be giving competitors the $hits. Tesla must have cheaper battery manufacturing savings trickling through to retail sales, facilitating lower price. Tesla has said "No profit in Q1", loss of subsidy in USA (loads of foreign markets to satisfy for M3 though), also launch of $35K M3 with perhaps wafer-thin margins, might as well dump-and-run on MS / MX too, and then the revamp / CCS model can reclaim that profitability towards end of the year to keep Wall Street happy. I read that crap iPace range (more so at 75MPH than 50MPH) is very variable car-to-car and thus a result of having to source battery cells from 3rd party, presumably a problem that Tesla has solved with in-house & QA, so that's playing into Tesla hands too ...

My 2p-worth is that MS/MX revamp is on the way and with bigger battery. The Competitors have come out with 90kWh models half a dozen years after Tesla launched MS - that's as good as it gets with a clear view of current tech? Tesla bringing out, say, 130kWh model will increase competitors anxiety, unless they can source and fit bigger battery too ... there must be a significant bottleneck for Car Makers to get cells from 3rd party battery companies, and that's going to be the case for some years to come. For anyone who has launched a 90kWh model I can't see them finding a way to increase that to 130kWh, they are going to want to ship more cars, not fewer, longer-range, ones, and they will be wanting to recoup Dev cost on existing just-launched models ... Welcome Old Guard to The Disruptor :)

I fear a backlash of Tesla hate coming shortly from recent buyers and I can fully sympathise.
just lost iro £25K overnight.

is that actually going to be the case though (IDK)? Supply of second hand hasn't increased, and for anyone replacing like-with-like its just a case of making up the difference (which might well be narrower, even with 2nd hand price lower the new price is lower too). More difficult if liquidising asset, but I'm not convinced that 2nd hand price is going to fall as much as new price has.

I remember Sinclair bringing out ZX81 a year after ZX80 adding features and dropping price by 30% ... and annoying a lot of owners ... I had a chance meeting with Sir Clive and asked him about that and he replied "Halve the price, sell to 20x as many customers" ...

Flip side: may put everyone off buying EVs though ... "Price is clearly going to fall as battery cost falls, I'll wait" ... battery is a huge percentage of the retail price. Or maybe good news for adoption of EVs across the globe :)

I would be paying quite a lot more on monthly PCP for performance I don't really need

You definitely don't need :) I have P-model and I SO rarely use it. There is one short straight on a back road here where I definitely couldn't pass a slow-coach in anything else, but that's it. On dual-carriageway cruise its no benefit, jumping out into a tight gap on a roundabout gives my unexpecting passenger whiplash! so by default I have it turned off. First couple of months taking my friends for a spin was fun, haven't had opportunity to do that for yonks ... "Sorry, we're 4-up and battery not fully charged so won't get full performance, thing weighs 2.5 tonnes too of course, but here we go ..." Hehehe ... they definitely were not expecting what they got :)

At the previous price I never considered it for a second.

Yup, that's the kicker for sure. I'd been thinking "Not going to be able to get much [for my money] in a replacement" ... my initial purchase was well timed, before the price increases (BREXIT related mostly), and AutoPilot etc. cost steadily pushed up too ... now I'm thinking "I can afford top-of-the-line for a replacement" ... although I expect the revamp/130kWh model price is going to make me wince ...

I paid £129K for a P100DL and thought it was a good deal then, even though I swapped the 19" original silver wheels from my previous 2014 car(didn't care for the grey 21" slipstreams).

Perhaps this is not a well thought out permanent reduction, and just a temporary knee-jerk need for cash as Tesla have paid off the 920MUSD bond that's come due. But, in any case I was planning to keep my car so not so worried about long term values.

Last edited:
My 2p-worth is that MS/MX revamp is on the way and with bigger battery. The Competitors have come out with 90kWh models half a dozen years after Tesla launched MS - that's as good as it gets with a clear view of current tech? Tesla bringing out, say, 130kWh model will increase competitors anxiety, unless they can source and fit bigger battery too

I think this is only going to happen if Tesla can make a big step in energy density. A 130 kWh battery with the current tech would be simply too heavy. Now if Tesla can deliver a 130 kWh pack at the same weight as the current 100 kWh pack then game on! Competitors would be floored! Otherwise it just makes an already very heavy car positively obese! Let's wait and see. I hope they have got something up their sleeve as I think they fully deserve to stay ahead.

I'd be interested to know if there's anyone on here who placed a deposit pre price drop and has not yet taken delivery...
I am in that situation and have been told to expect a private adjustment. A lot of the inventory cars have been reduced as of yesterday, but I'm still waiting to hear. I could of course switch cars but I'm due for delivery in 3 days!
If anyone has had the price adjustment it would be great to hear.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I think this is only going to happen if Tesla can make a big step in energy density

Agreed. I think it is going to happen in order to facilitate price (and battery weight) for both Semi and Roadster. Dunno if they are ready yet ... but I think the price drop is preparing the way for that.

probably also some faster acceleration possible if battery size increases too (based on past battery size increments ...)

Tesla have updated the battery designation, options and prices for Model S and X in the UK.

Standard range Model S is back.

Autopilot now costs £3k, but Naivagte on Autopilot and Advanced summon are part of the FSD package now.

I wonder what that means for those of us who have already paid for Autopilot? In the USA existing Autopilot owners got Navigate...

Difference between AP and EAP. Sounds like you have EAP, which has more functionality.