Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New plate arrived last night:

3azuhyvy.jpg

I don't get it ... automobile exhaust produces Carbon Monoxide (CO) ... humans exhale Carbon Dioxide (CO2) ... shouldn't it be: NO CO 4U ... (either that, or you're driving around holding your breath)

I don't get it ... automobile exhaust produces Carbon Monoxide (CO) ... humans exhale Carbon Dioxide (CO2) ... shouldn't it be: NO CO 4U ... (either that, or you're driving around holding your breath)

ICE vehicles give off BOTH CO2 and CO among other nasty things. The CO is from incomplete oxidation of the hydrocarbons in gasoline. The CO2 kills you slowly (global warming), while the CO will kill you quickly (in a garage).

ICE vehicles give off BOTH CO2 and CO among other nasty things. The CO is from incomplete oxidation of the hydrocarbons in gasoline. The CO2 kills you slowly (global warming), while the CO will kill you quickly (in a garage).

Which is why I don't understand how CO2 in carbonated beverages isn't bad for you? Or that it has no effect on the environment?

Which is why I don't understand how CO2 in carbonated beverages isn't bad for you? Or that it has no effect on the environment?

They put CO2 into carbonated beverages so when it is released again as CO2 it's still carbon neutral. Very different from burning fossil fuels that would otherwise have trapped carbon for a long time if it were not burned, causing the release of carbon into the atmosphere.

We requested WTFRUNK from the WI DoT and it was not approved. I was not surprised, it is technically available, but the WTF in it probably moves it into the offensive category, but it was worth a try. We landed up with our second choice of SPRCHRG. Approval has arrived, but the plates will take 4-6 weeks.