Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S color confusion: Red/black or Blue white

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting on refresh model S LR- originally ordered Blue/white with 21” arachnid

Didnt expect the delays and sold my Porsche daily driver. Ended up buying blue/ black Lexus 350Fsport in the meanwhile.

now I’m confused, should I keep my Tesla as blue/white and then I have 2 blue cars or change to Red/black or Red/cream?
I don’t want white/back or MSM exterior. I haven’t seen a red Tesla in person so not sure how it looks.

what do you guys recommend- keep the blue/white or change to red/black or red/cream? Which one looks better? Thanks

Congratulations on your impending Tesla ownership. The biggest problem is you’ll look for excuses to drive it. I now only go for BBQ if it requires 100 miles or more round-trip drive.

If you don’t want two blue cars, consider Midnight Silver Metallic with white interior. Good-looking combination that doesn’t catch a State Trooper’s eye.

Our Model S, blue with white interior, still gets compliments after 3 1/2 years and over 52,000 miles. I fell in love with it when I picked it up in Chicago. My wife saw my photos and was worried it wouldn’t be the blue she wanted.

By the time my buddy and I got it to Philadelphia, with a detour through a touch-less car wash, she loved it too. Good thing, it was her birthday gift in her requested colors.

When the 3 came out we waited until the dual-motor version was available. My wife took a test drive. She decided that was a better fit for her. Smaller, tossable, better interior storage than the 2017 S. We ordered a stealth performance 3 that evening.

Like you, she didn’t want two blue cars in the driveway. She chose MAM and white, is very happy.

I prefer the S, was happy to get the hand-me-down.

Went with red and white with chrome delete 21” wheels and tinted windows will look amazing I think... it’s different fancy sporty yet classy.. saw many pics and videos. Red and black is just too common and had the same on my Porsche for 5 years.

Reactions: SilverGS
Went with red and white with chrome delete 21” wheels and tinted windows will look amazing I think... it’s different fancy sporty yet classy.. saw many pics and videos. Red and black is just too common and had the same on my Porsche for 5 years.
"Chrome delete" is not an option you can choose, that's how it comes now on the refreshed model. 👍

"Chrome delete" is not an option you can choose, that's how it comes now on the refreshed model. 👍
Yes true... and I love that look. I would have done it after market if that wasn’t an option anyways. Red is classy/sporty with black wheels/tints/chrome delete... white interior first I wasn’t sure if but I now feel it’s better than black not just in better looks but many ways like gets less hot/ looks roomier..

Reactions: SilverGS
Had a gorgeous 2018 red on cream 100D.
Loved the red metallic multi coat…this picture was after 3 yrs. Still looked brand new!

Either choice is great. We now have a new LR blue/white on order.

Attachments

• C2D12CF1-C7D0-4E43-9FC3-5BB847755179.jpeg
    C2D12CF1-C7D0-4E43-9FC3-5BB847755179.jpeg
    780.1 KB · Views: 908
  • EA1E296A-8C4B-4AF8-BE85-5C7A426DB153.jpeg
    EA1E296A-8C4B-4AF8-BE85-5C7A426DB153.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 234