Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Coupe concept rendering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about these colors?

coupé looks mmmmmmmm
cabrio ok, but wrong color :confused:

What about these colors? Respect to the original artist of this image. I too like the cabrio image a lot, especially the rims, lowered stance, and fender flares to give the car a more athletic appearance with "biceps", similar to e46 generation BMW M3 ... but I just could never be seen driving a pink car -- plus it could never be traded-in (all auto dealers know that customers are allergic to pink). I just thought it would be fun to see in a couple of my favorite colors. I color-keyed the brake caliper, and also desaturated the blue tint on the headlamps and mirror accent trim, for a more original "factory"-like appearance. Minor question; why is the charging port door a round cover and not integrated into the tail light array?
...green...
Tesla Model C cabrio (blue) by Tom C.jpg

... blue ...
Tesla Model C cabrio (green) by Tom C.jpg

I also really liked Kretiins' coupe concept. Here it is with a splash of color....

I also really liked Kretiins' coupe concept. Here it is with a splash of color. White is nice, especially for race cars, while color helps the eye separate the body panels from the trim, glass wheels and other details which usually tend to be somewhere on the black/white/gray range.

AutoBlog Green featured an artist who also created a coupe based on the Model S design, but I felt that one missed a key Tesla design element which Kretiins retained; Tesla's signature up-swept side-rear glass. It appears on the Roadster, and The Model S, so I praise Kretiins for including that (and the door handles) and also using some of the elements specific to the Model S concept car which I feel lend themselves well to a coupe configuration, such as the Tesla-badged left/right side directional signal/mini-louver, more contoured tail light shape, and the rear diffuser.

.... Tesla Model C coupe in blue....
View attachment 26556
.... Tesla Model C coupe in gold....
View attachment 26557

(I realize that I placed the color image captions backwards in my first post for the cabriolet) , (I also now see that the reason for the round charging port cover is that it appeared that way on the original Model S concept car. I'm glad they changed it because little round or square doors on cars remind me of a gas flap (a term that even *sounds* dirty)

The only Audi I had been salivating about before my attention turned to Model S was the A5/S5 Coupe. The Model S totally will be better in all fronts (especially as I can keep my Evo like acceleration and handling and still have a full hatchback to carry stuff and dogs around etc), but this Coupe concept is HOT! It'd be a shame if Tesla didn't take it up and really make one as such, I think it'd extremely well enhance the lineup of Model S, Model X and Model C (or this could be the Model Y, you know why) ;)