Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S creep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hill holding is being developed and will be in some future software release. I don't think it will be a third setting though. It's more likely to be a stand-alone.

on those occasions when I am at a stop with a noticeable upward grade, I would like the car to NOT roll backwards
when I release the brake and quickly step on the accelerator.

So, three settings:
o No creep.
o Hill hugger. (no rolling backwards)
o Creep.
I like that idea. I must apologize to Tesla for panning the "useless" creep feature when it was announced. I gave it a try and I actually prefer it on, because of the no-rollback aspect. So thank you for adding that feature, Tesla.

Interesting. I would have thought 'Creep' mode would prevent the car from rolling backward. If that is not the case, I certainly will want to have something like hill hugger.

Creep mimics an automatic transmission. Past a certain amount of slope it will roll back, albeit slower than if you deselect creep mode.

It's interesting - hill hold was one of those things I immediately noticed was missing during my test drive. It's rather surprising to switch from brake to accelerator and find the car is slipping back, given the lack of clutch (etc). BMW's hill-hold is excellent in this regard, and well programmed - I'm sure Tesla can do at least as well for the future.

I would like to see a hill hugger setting.
I really like "no creep". But on those occasions when I am at a stop with a noticeable upward grade, I would like the car to NOT roll backwards
when I release the brake and quickly step on the accelerator. Especially when that obnoxious ICE truck has pulled right up behind me!
This setting would NOT cause the car to move forward at a stop, but instead would only make sure it would NOT roll back when the brake was
released, before I step on the accelerator.

I like the rolling because it makes me feel like I'm still driving my manual. I support a button though.

What are you guys doing, reporting some Model S creep? I hate those guys! They creep me out.

Or are you guys reporting some Model S creep? Well then that's normal if you have the Creep Mode set to ON. It's a useful feature for some, but I think it's better to train yourself to use the car without it.

That one guy though, huh? Some creep he is!