Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery date moved up drastically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S earlier in the week. It showed an expected delivery of Sep-Oct.

Last night it got updated to delivery between Aug 4 - Aug 18.

is that normal? I had heard that generally delivery gets delayed but here, it came in by about 2 months.

Not that I am complaining.. 😀
What are your build specs?

"Tesla has updated its website configurator for the upcoming Model S, to reflect delivery delays on both the Long Range and Plaid trims for new customers. The Long Range Model S especially faces a massive delay, now estimated to arrive in February or March of 2022. Delays to estimated delivery windows are not uncommon for Tesla, nor are fluctuating prices. However, this latest push is quite significant compared to previous delays, as it has punted the expected delivery time of the upcoming Long Range trim into 2022.

Previously, the Long Range Model was was scheduled to begin arriving in customer’s driveways this September or October. Simultaneously, the highly touted Model S Plaid is also showing a delay, albeit quite smaller than the Long Range. Plaid was originally scheduled to arrive next month, but has now been pushed to September-October, according to Tesla’s website."

Really odd - I ordered an MS last weekend, had an EDD of October as shown on the order page by the time I completed the order. I checked my order page just now and looks like a VIN has been assigned and my delivery date is... two days from now? If true, great... but I'm skeptical considering how long it's been taking others here to take delivery. Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?

Reactions: jebinc
Really odd - I ordered an MS last weekend, had an EDD of October as shown on the order page by the time I completed the order. I checked my order page just now and looks like a VIN has been assigned and my delivery date is... two days from now? If true, great... but I'm skeptical considering how long it's been taking others here to take delivery. Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?
What’s your config? That seems crazy, but we’ve seen interesting things:p

Congratulations!

What’s your config? That seems crazy, but we’ve seen interesting things:p
MS LR, Midnight Silver, 21'' wheels, white interior, FSD.

My antennas are up... I don't even see a place to put my insurance info on my order page and haven't heard from any sales advisor about the delivery.

Attachments

• CleqBKYUYAAbcHA.jpg
    CleqBKYUYAAbcHA.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 135
Lucky you. Did you delivery date ever go blank?