Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Drivetrain Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery on a 2020 Model S this past December and was expecting it to be perfect since the model 3 purchased a year ago has been perfect. When driving at stop and go speeds on the freeway have a loud thud sound coming from the rear end when pressing on and letting off the accelerator. Can also feeling it in the car. Not transitioning to 0 mph smoothly like the Model 3. Was told by service that it is an issue with the new Model S and X's. Told it is because of new Raven parts in the drivetrain and that the engineers will be working to fix. Interesting since the service manager sent me an invoice stating the car is performing exactly as expected. Anyone else noticing this problem.

...loud thud sound coming from the rear end when pressing on and letting off the accelerator...

It doesn't sound good!

...invoice stating the car is performing exactly as expected...

It's playing with words.

If they expect engineers to have a solution to the problem soon and the fix is not there just yet, then what you experience is logically and factually expected but that is not desirable!

Please keep us posted!

Last edited:
I would ask Tesla to refund your money and make you a new car. These types of issues on a brand new car are totally unacceptable. Even more unacceptable is that Tesla expects you to wait indefinitely while their so-called engineers find a solution. Not good enough. I would start a lemon claim, as that is the only way to get Tesla's attention. They will ignore you and push you to the bottom of the list once they have your money, which they do.

I cannot fathom in what world Tesla thinks it is okay to ship a car that acts in this manner.