Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S HVAC soundcheck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a '18 S75D with what sounds like muffling of the HVAC. Fan on 10 doesn't seem to generate as much airflow as before and seems to whine more and consume more energy. Want to make sure it's not "all in my head" before bringing it to the Service Center next week with the new "$97.50 diagnostic fee for normal noises". 48.2k miles so now or never :eek:.

Anyone in Austin area want to volunteer their similar S for comparison? PM me. Greatly appreciated!

(for those in the google group will cross-post it there so apologies in advance)

I had reduced airflow and the AC freezing up last year. I found some of the symptoms when I tried bio-defense mode. Lots of noise, minimal airflow.

I eventually figured out that it was recirculation setting on "outside air" that caused the reduced airflow (and freezing of the inside coil as well).

They replaced one of the actuators. It was never clear to me which one, from the invoice.

I had reduced airflow and the AC freezing up last year. I found some of the symptoms when I tried bio-defense mode. Lots of noise, minimal airflow.

I eventually figured out that it was recirculation setting on "outside air" that caused the reduced airflow (and freezing of the inside coil as well).

They replaced one of the actuators. It was never clear to me which one, from the invoice.

Yup. Same deal. Except haven’t gotten an invoice yet.

Had no loaners (only Uber credits) but since they were pretty sure it was the actuator, I just waited at the SC for repair the next day since mobile didn't have the part and it would be days or weeks. Hence no update texts. Really no big deal i don't think