Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S in the Norwegian winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this link was posted a long time ago by my fellow Norwegian enthusiasts, but here it is anyway.
The Model S is tested in the Norwegian winter. Driving from Oslo to Geilo, approx 270km and going up to 800m above sea level.
The guy is making a stop at Ikea first to fill up the car (although it seems pretty full already!). He's also making a point out of not thinking about this as an EV, but more like an ICE, so he's not driving economically.
Note the foggy front side window. As the reporter says this is a US version which do not have the "Winter package". I wouldn't know if it got the upgraded ventilation features that were supposedly changed after feedback from among Canadian earlyl adopters.

http://www.autofil.no/914854/tesla-model-s-mot-virkeligheten

Last edited:
So charge for 270 miles (Range Charge) and you're good for a 'ICE style' 270 km trip with a scooch left over. The Metric Factor 0.6 - easy to remember. Still, TM should stick a decal to dash for a reminder on cars they loan.

A while back someone came up with a similar 'no sweat' discount; not sure if it was quite as low as 0.6. Rules are made to be instantly forgotten, Broderized if you will. Imagine expecting a teenager to remember '8 Simple Rules'.
--

A while back someone came up with a similar 'no sweat' discount; not sure if it was quite as low as 0.6. Rules are made to be instantly forgotten, Broderized if you will. Imagine expecting a teenager to remember '8 Simple Rules'
I'm pretty sure that was @ChadS who, as president of Plug-In America, might have more EV miles logged than anyone else in the country. His rule, as I recall, was to plan on using two-thirds of the rated range, i.e. 177 miles on a Range Charge. You'll probably do better than that, but know how you're going to charge if you don't.