Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S long range refresh pulls hard left on hard acceleration. Need help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took back to dealer after delivery and they said it needs an alignment. When not flooring it car drives straight and true. After dealer fix ...alignment.... the car still pulls left when floored ( but not as bad) and when normal driving now pulls right. Steering wheel also not centered. Service manager said that I will have to decide which one I prefer. Even though I think I
have something else going on .... I am asking anyone with a long range refresh S if they have experienced this?
When I say it pulls left when floored I mean you better be ready or I would take out anything to the left of my lane.
Service center is Scottsdale Arizona. Am I correct to assume they are Full of ~~it and mine is flawed?
Also.... does anyone know of the hierarchy of Service Centers/ contacts/ managers if they offer no solution to get it fixed? Is there a Service regional manager???

Please comment if you have a new long range refresh!

That is my thought..... front or rear torque sensor/ management
went back today and they tried to tell me it is what all long ranges do. Can anybody confirm theirs does not?
Sorry but sounds like a crock of $h!t to me. My Volt never pulled under any load, even when I spun the tires. I think the tech is trying to abdicate responsibility here.

Mine does that, took delivery on it yesterday. Stopped by the service center and the Plaid tech drove my car. When he was able to replicate the left torque pull on aggressive acceleration, as well as the pedal/yoke vibrations between 30-60mph he confirmed his suspicion. He said that Tesla engineering is already aware of these issues, no fix available at this time.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and 127.0.0.0
Mine does that, took delivery on it yesterday. Stopped by the service center and the Plaid tech drove my car. When he was able to replicate the left torque pull on aggressive acceleration, as well as the pedal/yoke vibrations between 30-60mph he confirmed his suspicion. He said that Tesla engineering is already aware of these issues, no fix available at this time.
Thank you for the response

Reactions: theslimshadyist
2016 P90DL: YES! Mine does this after the axle replacement for the acceleration rattle. Here's a video to explain what I'm seeing. It's better at high speed after two alignments but not on launch. Now my steering wheel is not centered, I guess they will probably align again.

I took back to dealer after delivery and they said it needs an alignment. When not flooring it car drives straight and true. After dealer fix ...alignment.... the car still pulls left when floored ( but not as bad) and when normal driving now pulls right. Steering wheel also not centered. Service manager said that I will have to decide which one I prefer. Even though I think I
have something else going on .... I am asking anyone with a long range refresh S if they have experienced this?
When I say it pulls left when floored I mean you better be ready or I would take out anything to the left of my lane.
Service center is Scottsdale Arizona. Am I correct to assume they are Full of ~~it and mine is flawed?
Also.... does anyone know of the hierarchy of Service Centers/ contacts/ managers if they offer no solution to get it fixed? Is there a Service regional manager???

Sorry, not much help here. But mine goes 100% straight every time. Steering wheel is straight also, alignment is good. What you're experiencing is not normal.

I have a 2016 P90D which has recently and for no reason that I can think of started exhibiting this trait. It jumps right on heavy acceleration and back to the lft when you lift off. The faster you are travelling, the more proncounced it is. Quite unsettling particularly in fast curves where it has the effect of unsettling the rear of the car when you come on or off the throttle Downright dangerous.
Haven't had it.looked at by Tesla, but about to schedule it.
Any other feedback would be useful. Don't see that it can be software as I don't think k there is any separate torque apportionment to the wheels on the same axle but if anyone knows better please let me know.

I have a 2016 P90D which has recently and for no reason that I can think of started exhibiting this trait. It jumps right on heavy acceleration and back to the lft when you lift off. The faster you are travelling, the more proncounced it is. Quite unsettling particularly in fast curves where it has the effect of unsettling the rear of the car when you come on or off the throttle Downright dangerous.
Haven't had it.looked at by Tesla, but about to schedule it.
Any other feedback would be useful. Don't see that it can be software as I don't think k there is any separate torque apportionment to the wheels on the same axle but if anyone knows better please let me know.
That tells me you have something loose, is there any popping noise accompanying the pull from right to left ? Maybe jack up your car and see if there is play.