Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S MCU & IC for SimRacing (or Home-Controller)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks on this forum!

I might be a really unknown face amongst a lot of the people here but I wanted to do something similar to what WK057 did with a Model S MCU :)

I got myself a 2017 Model S 75 MCU and have a spare IC that I plan on reflashing so firmware matches and they fully work together! :D

Current plan:
-Get MCU and IC to communicatr and not throw the "Software Update Required" Error
-Get CAN data figured out to control it and get rid of faults (one already done)
-Make a a arduino sketch to work with the SimHub software
-Make actual harness

Backup Plan:
If I fail, use it as a home controller by logging traffic and triggering lights as example.

So before I put Pics here: Could someone provide me with a full pinout of each connector? Currently only got CAN 6, unknown CAN, Audio and power wires figured out :(

Hope y'all want to follow this journey! :)

Pics:

MCU runs for the first time (wreck location)
IMG_20220305_093138.jpg

Some CAN ID on CAN 6 set it to LOW and put it out of JACK mode
IMG_20220315_193222.jpg

Few errors. "Parking Brake not set" already fixed
IMG_20220315_203559.jpg

Model S 70 IC running standalone
IMG_20220313_230713.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've messed with the IC a bit and just hooked it to ethernet without redeploying or anything. Manually booted it and the config was adapted!

In the pictures above you could see it being a white Model S 70. Now it's showing a black Model S 75. Wrong door positions, wrong name and time but it also shows errors! Now the range went to 173 miles

I hope someone can help me find a way to redeploy firmware as the IC seems to run newer software than the MCU and I'd wish to get it working without having to spend more money

ANYWAY: Picture of a error popping up
Screenshot_20220328_223442.jpg

Interested as a fellow simracer. What would the use of this MCU in Simracing, if I may ask?
Depending on the game you might be able to for example salvage navigation data. ETS may not be racing but thats fairly close to the irl data.

I got the MCU just for pullinf data, what it send to the IC and stuff. Turns out my IC is way to new to properly work but I did manage to control it via Ethernet