Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so i made my decision i am going to buy a new model s performance.

The only question is with the new Plaid coming, isn't the Plaid version have to have a new redesign to fit the third motor and get the new battery pack, how likey the rest of the lineup will also benefit?

I can wait a few more months i am working from home and don't drive much, what do you think? wait or pull the trigger now?

Thanks!

Of all the literal years of talk about an “imminent” refresh, I think the news yesterday of significant price increases across Europe (who won’t see their next batch of cars until after the new year) is the strongest evidence yet that something is about to change in a significant way.

I’d probably wait and see for a bit if I were you, but it’s hard to deny the current model is a great value.

Tesla increases prices on next EU batch of Model S and Model X —sparking refresh rumors - Electrek

Of all the literal years of talk about an “imminent” refresh, I think the news yesterday of significant price increases across Europe (who won’t see their next batch of cars until after the new year) is the strongest evidence yet that something is about to change in a significant way.

I’d probably wait and see for a bit if I were you, but it’s hard to deny the current model is a great value.

Tesla increases prices on next EU batch of Model S and Model X —sparking refresh rumors - Electrek
It could just as well speak to the drastic spike in raw materials that make up most of what these cars are made out of. Raw materials and anything that needs transport (especially across oceans) is taking a massive hit globally. Expecting to get "more" for your money may be an exercise in futility. Buckle up everyone, this winter is going to be a buuummpy ride!

I don’t get it, when prices are lowered people say that a refresh is coming because Tesla is trying to get rid of the current stock of parts.
When the price increases people say a refresh is coming ...

You’ve been here a long time, you know the price of the S has never been stable for too long. I just don’t buy that a price increase in a specific region is evidence of a refresh

Reactions: ICUDoc and Sonus
I don’t get it, when prices are lowered people say that a refresh is coming because Tesla is trying to get rid of the current stock of parts.
When the price increases people say a refresh is coming ...

You’ve been here a long time, you know the price of the S has never been stable for too long. I just don’t buy that a price increase in a specific region is evidence of a refresh
I don’t disagree, and I’ve been the first to laugh at the endless speculation in the infamous “imminent” thread for 3 years now.

This feels different to me though, with such a large and sudden price increase on cars that won’t be delivered for 2+ months from now, in an era where we’ve seen almost continuous price decreases (setting aside Elon’s whole FSD is an appreciating asset fantasy for a moment).

I could be wrong. It’s happened before. ;) If I was looking to buy and had the luxury to not be in a hurry I’d wait out the hunch for a month or two, unless things get end of quarter crazy and too good to pass up.

Reactions: AMPd
Ok so i made my decision i am going to buy a new model s performance.

The only question is with the new Plaid coming, isn't the Plaid version have to have a new redesign to fit the third motor and get the new battery pack, how likey the rest of the lineup will also benefit?

I can wait a few more months i am working from home and don't drive much, what do you think? wait or pull the trigger now?

Thanks!

Buy a used Performance from Tesla now and then upgrade to plaid when it comes out. This is what I just did. Saved $40,000+ and the car is just as good as new. Low miles, 4 yr warranty. When the plaid come out , I will have $40,000 more dollars to buy it