Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed, I am not getting haptic feedback when I push buttons on the yoke. Is it supposed to? Are other people feeling some sort of click or acknowledgment? Strangely enough it hasn’t made driving any more difficult.

I just noticed, I am not getting haptic feedback when I push buttons on the yoke. Is it supposed to? Are other people feeling some sort of click or acknowledgment? Strangely enough it hasn’t made driving any more difficult.
The haptic feedback is very very subtle. I wish Tesla would make it a bit stronger so that we could really get a sense of when a button is being activated. It’s not going to be like the feedback we get on our iPhone or Android devices (yet). Hopefully this potential issue is sent over to their engineering team.

Reactions: lurker131
After having taken delivery over the weekend, I am thrilled with the refresh, and my pleasure by FAR outweighs some of the issues I have discovered. Some appear similar to others reported here.

1) Misalignment and panel gaps all over. Some are worse than others. Not sure which ones I should complain about. Have others had success getting the SC to fix these? I have a service appointment on Wednesday. Although aligned and no obvious issue, is it normal for there to be a quarter inch gap on each side of the hood? Just concerned rain water could get in to the frunk. The rear hatch is a little more obvious with a wider gap on one side than the other. Also, front and rear doors are not aligned. I think the rear doors are a bit high and the trim does not line up. It's not by much, but it is obvious.

2) Driver side rear view mirror vibrates over 40 mph and impairs visibility. Hope it just needs tightening within the housing.

One thing I also noticed that was not on my 2013 or 2016 models, was there is now factory installed PPF on part of the quarter panels on the side of the rear wheels to the rear passenger doors. Does everyone have this, and is there a specific reason Tesla chose to put it there (ie, the panel sticks out a little so need to protect from to gravel hitting it?)
congrats on picking it up! Enjoy the imperfections

Reactions: derevan007
It seems folks are confusing two tings. Early Access gives you access (under NDA) to early releases of the firmware. One additional benefit is it gives you a new option in the app to file bug reports. This is different from the FSD beta program, which which is specific to the FSD SW only. As far as I know, there are no refresh S in the FSD beta so far.

It seems folks are confusing two tings. Early Access gives you access (under NDA) to early releases of the firmware. One additional benefit is it gives you a new option in the app to file bug reports. This is different from the FSD beta program, which which is specific to the FSD SW only. As far as I know, there are no refresh S in the FSD beta so far.
Great point Omar, I merged those two things.

Reactions: omarsultan