Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think that they know it is a 2023 and would automatically adjust the repair order, but perhaps I am giving Tesla too much credit? LOL.
Your order gets finalized by the service center after the run your VIN and verify what is needed for your particular build. Mine showed knuckles and then was modified to remove them a week later.

Today I asked why and was told I have the compatible version already.

Reactions: PR0FESSOR
I was less patient than you guys, bought a Taycan Turbo CT with better brakes instead. ;) Full disclosure, it was the yoke which "broke the camel's back".

Afterthought, love the Taycan, would not trade it for a Plaid, even if they offered a proper (stalked) steering wheel today. So many options just not available on the Plaid (dynamic chassis leveling, rear wheel steering. FLIR vision/collision warnings, 18-eay ventilated seats, proper brakes, 270KW vs. 70KW regen, 270KW charging curve, more legroom on back seats, etc.). Tesla FSD, charging UI, and a few features are much better than Taycan, but I'd take the Taycan Turbo over Plaid in the end.

Spoke with a Tesla Plaid owner that received an early install of the Carbon Ceramic Brakes in Feb/March of this year. He did say that without heat built up in the pads/rotors that when street driving I should be aware they don’t grab as good as stock when cool.
Track oriented pads not grabbing as well as stock pads when cool is to be expected from pads with a higher hot operating temp range -- the trade off is a higher cold end operating temp range as well.

I was less patient than you guys, bought a Taycan Turbo CT with better brakes instead. ;) Full disclosure, it was the yoke which "broke the camel's back".

Afterthought, love the Taycan, would not trade it for a Plaid, even if they offered a proper (stalked) steering wheel today. So many options just not available on the Plaid (dynamic chassis leveling, rear wheel steering. FLIR vision/collision warnings, 18-eay ventilated seats, proper brakes, 270KW vs. 70KW regen, 270KW charging curve, more legroom on back seats, etc.). Tesla FSD, charging UI, and a few features are much better than Taycan, but I'd take the Taycan Turbo over Plaid in the end.
Options you list come at a heft price +$60K over a Plaid. No doubt it's an awesome platform but Porsche loves their options list and especially customers who check many of the boxes.

Reactions: Maaz and bhzmark
For all the things Porsche does, they still don't offer one pedal driving. That is a huge plus to me. Even my wife has adapted well. I also find I enjoy the track mode as well on the Plaid.

Faster charging speed is irrelevant to me as it isn't a huge difference and the Tesla SC network crushes anyone else's. I can upgrade the brakes to CCB on my Plaid and will. My Hansshow wheel works great. What I can't get in any Taycan is the acceleration the Plaid offers me. The UI is far better too. I had enough Porsches to tire of their "busy" cockpits.

If Porsche offered a better car for what I want over my S, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The premium Porsche charges, and the way they nickel and dime you for everything, isn't worth it for me as they haven't quite got it right for what I want. Of the Taycans, the CT is the only one I'd consider buying. I think the base Taycan is hideous and almost as ugly as the Panamera. The only other Porsches I'd consider are the 911 hardtop variants or the 718 hardtops as well.

Once I get the track pack CCB's, I think I am pretty much where I want to be with the Plaid. It will stop as good as it goes. It is a great looking car and the right wheels on it have made it even better. There isn't a better car for the money if you value acceleration and speed. With the the track package it lapped the 'Ring pretty quickly as well. All in all it is fun car and does a great job of doing everything without going way on the far side of "diminishing returns".

I have owned a Porsche 911 turbo (no Taycan so this comparison may be flawed) and a Tesla Model S Plaid, and in my mind, their strengths are different. My Porsche was like a fine ballerina; beautiful fit and finish, wonderful on the track; it fit me like a fine glove. My Tesla is more like a female WWF wrestler; brutish, beautiful in a different way; it would stomp the daylights of the ballerina; but don’t ask the Tesla to perform Swan Lake. At this point in my life, the Tesla Model S is perfect for me, and I would not trade it for a Porsche 911 Turbo. This said, when I was younger, and when I spent more time on the track, I would have taken the 911 Turbo seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Both are lovely cars, but in VERY different ways.

Joe

I have owned a Porsche 911 turbo (no Taycan so this comparison may be flawed) and a Tesla Model S Plaid, and in my mind, their strengths are different. My Porsche was like a fine ballerina; beautiful fit and finish, wonderful on the track; it fit me like a fine glove. My Tesla is more like a female WWF wrestler; brutish, beautiful in a different way; it would stomp the daylights of the ballerina; but don’t ask the Tesla to perform Swan Lake. At this point in my life, the Tesla Model S is perfect for me, and I would not trade it for a Porsche 911 Turbo. This said, when I was younger, and when I spent more time on the track, I would have taken the 911 Turbo seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Both are lovely cars, but in VERY different ways.

Joe
Well said!