Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing I was told today is that the track pack (at least CCB) will become an option that will be able to be ordered when building an S Plaid. Not sure what the price point will be but should be less than 15k obviously.

I would imagine that would probably include your choice of 20 or 21” wheels as 19” tempest wheels don’t fit.

Time will tell.

What did you expect for your 20k? They don't give a crap about you if you dropped 110-150k on a Plaid, why would they worry about you now? You are already captive to the brand.

4th day now in service. They finally got the hardware installed but are getting failures when updating the firmware.

Seriously consider being early adopters and wait for each service center to get some installs under their belt. This whole process has been a nightmare.
Man I learned that lesson getting one of the first few hundred Plaids off the line, its been in service more than any car Ive ever owned.... period. 119 days over 23 visits (and counting since its in there for loose subframe bolts as we speak). Thanks for taking this punch for the rest of us that are prossibly interested in the track package.

Reactions: oktane
Man I learned that lesson getting one of the first few hundred Plaids off the line, its been in service more than any car Ive ever owned.... period. 119 days over 23 visits (and counting since its in there for loose subframe bolts as we speak). Thanks for taking this punch for the rest of us that are prossibly interested in the track package.
Have you considered a Lemon Law replacement? Feels like a cut and dry case.

I was at Tesla on Thursday of this week, and I heard an owner talking about the track package he just had installed, and I heard the service advisor tell him that they did not bed the brakes. I was a little surprised. It is possible I misunderstood the interaction, but regardless of what Tesla tells me, I am going to bed the brakes properly once I get my track package installed.

Joe

Reactions: Knx873
Any updates? I hope the silence does not imply distress
Putting some miles on it and bedding it in per ST suggestions. I’m pretty sure the service center did burnish them but I want to make sure it’s done right.

I’ll post all my thoughts in a bit.

I will say the install isn’t a big problem. It’s like any full brake job but with a caliper and brake line swap.

The bleeding procedure however takes a lot of time and a lot of fluid. There are benchmarks that much be met in regards to abs pressures or toolbox will not allow the firmware update and unlock. This took my service center two days because the abs module needs adequate time to cool down between attempts.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
Results sound promising of the CCB & track pack

Is there something in the track pack beyond what we know? I'm curious why the car had so much more high-speed stability with the track pack which in this case seems to be just the brakes. This car is using the stock non-track pack Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, so the track tires weren't a factor.