Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched Mr. Brownlee’s YouTube video on his brakes before I knew that I might be able to order them, and I recall thinking that he was not a subject matter expert on vehicles once you get past the obvious. This said, it sure has been fun watching his subscriber base increase and I love watching his computer reviews (which is how I first found out about him).

Joe
I’m looking forward to reading about your install experience and that of others here.

Might be just be, but I have trust issues with techs in general so if TSC has to “bed in” the brakes as standard procedure, then I want to know what to expect going in.

Crossing fingers the track pack brakes work right outta the box.

Gracias.

So.. my service center still has no idea when they will get parts... They're saying that some parts show available, but not everything that's needed to complete the track package. And nothing will ship to them until everything is available to ship as a complete kit at once. So literally no idea when? Even though the packages are back available for purchase as in-stock... smdh

Its a steal tbh, chopped fiber ccb already cost pretty close from 3rd party, Track package comes with continuous fiber in matrix layers, which is more costly to make, and on top of that it comes with forged 20", dont think you can find any better deal than this.
Are they forged? Tesla never states they are, and I am going to assume they're the same ones as the zero-G wheels for the 3/y which are not forged.

Ah ok, it says that on the track package info but not on the $5000k wheel/tire page
That is true, but wheel description is the same "2x 20X10J, Zero-G wheels and 2x 20X11J, Zero-G wheels" so I doubt that the track package has Forged Zero G Wheels and the $6K Wheel/Tire package are somehow non-forged Zero G wheels that have the same specs and styling.

I do find it odd that they are not advertising that the wheels as being Forged though, seems like a miss.

Reactions: Sam1
Very much what I experienced too. Mine was in there 4 days.
Gets even better…… finally took the car in and started taking my wheels and brakes off of the car. Drove all the way down to Burbank to pick up the removed items just for them to discover im still missing bolts from the caliper and a tire from the kit. Since the car cant stay on their lift they have to put my old stuff back on tomorrow and send the car back to the back lot and see when the rest is going to come in.

Gets even better…… finally took the car in and started taking my wheels and brakes off of the car. Drove all the way down to Burbank to pick up the removed items just for them to discover im still missing bolts from the caliper and a tire from the kit. Since the car cant stay on their lift they have to put my old stuff back on tomorrow and send the car back to the back lot and see when the rest is going to come in.
Didn’t they check that every piece included in the parts list was accounted for before starting work ? Amazing.

Reactions: bhzmark
🤦🏻‍♂️

Bummed out for you. Good help is so hard to find especially in LA.

I’ve been Googling which service center is of better repute so will brave the waters and use the Centinela location for my install.

Thoughts on alternate tires for the 20's? If the included track tires have a short shelf life, is there a better option for "street" tires if you want to run the 20's?

michelins.jpg

🤦🏻‍♂️

Bummed out for you. Good help is so hard to find especially in LA.

I’ve been Googling which service center is of better repute so will brave the waters and use the Centinela location for my install.
Yea, alot of the LA ones aren’t that good service wise in my experience. Only decided to try this SC again because they did the brake kit for a tesla employee last year so figured it might go somewhat smooth. Should have just stuck with Agoura hills, which is who I usually go with but they are an extra 30 min drive or Bakersfield.

Thoughts on alternate tires for the 20's? If the included track tires have a short shelf life, is there a better option for "street" tires if you want to run the 20's?

View attachment 955163
I'm running this tire on my 20" Signature wheels, albeit in a square 285/35/20 fitment. No issues so far but I also haven't really pushed them. Noise seems marginally louder than stock but otherwise, so far so good. The 300 rating seems optimistic to me, but if I can get anywhere near 30k miles on them that would be a major win.

Yea, alot of the LA ones aren’t that good service wise in my experience. Only decided to try this SC again because they did the brake kit for a tesla employee last year so figured it might go somewhat smooth. Should have just stuck with Agoura hills, which is who I usually go with but they are an extra 30 min drive or Bakersfield.
Agoura did mine

Reactions: Caliboi707
Out of curiosity, has anyone found a square offset fitment that would allow you to rotate the entire wheel front to back? I realized based on the current stagger, that may not be possible but it would be nice to rotate the wheels rather than having to dismount the tires and rotate the wheels. The cost of doing that here in Dallas definitely reduces the benefit not to mention the risk of additional damage to the wheels during mounting/dismounting.

On a plus note, going with the square setup, you don't get your tire warranty halved which is a pretty big benefit on the Plaid for me.

Tesla just confirmed all my parts are in and they should be able to get my car in today. Hopefully, it will go well.

Did anyone else get a loaner car or did they just give you the Uber credits? Or did they do nothing at all?